Website Hville Blast
Full Time/Benefits Included
- Birmingham, AL
- Huntsville, AL
We are looking for 2 high energy marketing leaders, one to be based in Huntsville and the other in Birmingham who are driven by helping local and regional businesses thrive. The Account Executive (AE) is responsible for selling and supporting digital media services offered by Bham Now, Hville Blast and The Bama Buzz. If you enjoy building relationships and you care about supporting the growth of businesses in your city and state, this might be the opportunity for you. You must be well organized, possess excellent communication skills, enjoy learning about digital media and be passionate about all things local.
What this role entails:
- Build and maintain excellent client relationships. Discover areas for account growth to benefit your client.
- Identify and contact appropriate new leads/prospects.
- Hold discovery meetings to learn about the prospect’s mission and goals.
- Craft proposals based on appropriate Bham Now/Hville Blast or Bama Buzz offers that support the prospect’s marketing and communication goals.
- Present offer in a persuasive, engaging and natural way.
- Close business or edit offer as needed. Follow-up, always.
- Reviews/shares traffic reports with clients adding value on the ‘why’ of performance.
- Involved in client events as appropriate. Meets clients/attends event outside of normal business hours when necessary.
- Submits accurate invoicing to clients each month.
- Has a positive attitude that is uplifting and encouraging for others.
- Proactively seeks out solutions to problems taking responsibility for resolution.
- Maintains excellent internal communications and relationships including producing accurate sales reports for upper management and client needs/updates for the Content Team
- Proactively offer ideas for product improvement or new sales opportunities for the company.
- Exhibits excellent teamwork across all facets of the company by volunteering tohelp/support others as needed even when outside of the AE role.
- Seeks out continuous improvement in sales strategies and leadership as approved by the company
- Proactively learns about content marketing and offers insight on how we can continue to grow our approach for clients.
- Secures appropriate internal approval levels for proposals.
- Studies and understands all facets of the media products and services being offered by Bham Now and its affiliates.
- Actively builds potential clients through new leads, cold calls, existing relationships, networking events, or other means.
- Hones and delivers a skilled sales pitch to potential clients, either by phone or in person, in an effort to secure a sale and build rapport.
- Explains the benefits and potential audience of specific media offerings to potential clients.
- Creates proposals appropriate for the client needs and reviews for accuracy.
- Facilitates successful sales production by collecting accurate client information and providing order information to the Content Team
- Adds thorough and accurate notes to CRM records for client calls.
- Tracks media purchase to ensure that it is completed accurately and on time using CRM system. Produces accurate invoicing.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS. in Business, Marketing, Advertising or related. Min GPA 3.0.
- Preferably 3-5 years successful sales experience in media
- Demonstrated strong personal appreciation and interest for digital media and communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent Excel skills and PowerPoint skills
- Outstanding listening and persuasive presentation skills
- Detail oriented
- Flexible. Ability to multi-task
- Guaranteed base salary.
- Monthly commission based on sales results
- Bonuses for exceptional sales performance
- 3 weeks paid PTO plus sick time and Holidays
- Fully paid Silver Level Benefits on day one
- Company contributed IRA available on day one
- Hybrid work after successful on-boarding
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion or physical handicap.
Qualified candidates please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org