Website EBSCO Industries
Birmingham, AL, US, 35243
Onsite or Remote: Hybrid
Company Name: Valent Group
Valent Group is a privately held independent risk consulting firm based in Birmingham, Alabama, with multiple locations in the southeastern United States. These offices provide all lines of insurance in partnership with specialized carriers. Valent Group was named a 2018 Best Practices Agency by the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America and has the backing of EBSCO Industries, Inc., a global corporation which began in 1944 and now owns more than 20 businesses in a variety of industries. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical/dental/vision plans, life insurance and other ancillary benefits, profit sharing, employee perks and more.
Do you love being an HR Manager but ready for a change? We have a unique opportunity that will require you to use your HR skills, be creative, problem solve and help employers with the challenges of running a business today.
We are looking for an HR professional to join our team and help those that sit in the HR seat! As a Benefits Consultant you will partner with employers to establish long-term strategies that will provide a rich innovative benefit platform that allows the employer to control cost, navigate through compliance requirements and support the core culture and needs of their workforce. Success in this role requires outstanding communication skills, self-motivation, and the ability to operate in a rapidly changing dynamic environment and partner with different employers to create strategic solutions based on their goals.
The ideal candidate has a Passion for service, our clients and meeting their benefit goals. Has a responsive, can-do Attitude, which is at the center of our service. They have Curiosity to solve problems through innovative and out-of-the box services. And are Team-oriented, working with others to get the job done. It’s not just what we do, but how we do it.
This is what we believe it takes to deliver a Fortune 1000 customer experience to our middle market clients. And we believe our clients and their employees deserve nothing less.
In this role you will:
- Provide consultative HR and Benefit services and support to business leaders and HR professionals. You will truly become an extension of your client’s HR department.
- Serve as a point of escalation for complex benefits-related questions, plan, and interface issues, and clients on resolving benefits and HR issues.
- Provide cost containment strategies and solutions using our data-driven approach that goes beyond benefits.
- Maintain knowledge of the ever changing healthcare guidelines, regulations, compliance and legislation (i.e., ACA, HIPAA).
- Partner with clients on HR and Open Enrollment needs. Ex. updating/creating benefit guides, preparing materials and coordinating and performing in-person open enrollment meetings for clients.
- Work with clients on providing compliance education and aiding HR professionals with navigating the compliance environment.
- Handle multiple deadline-driven responsibilities in a dynamic professional environment
- Provide an understanding of and/or application of the following core terminology and items, including but not limited to: FMLA, COBRA, Cafeteria Plans, ERISA Compliance and Forms 6055/6056 Reporting; 1095-C Documents; Schedule A Documents; Stop Loss Coverage; ERISA; Discrimination Testing; “SBC” Documents; Outcomes Based Wellness Programs; Transitional Reinsurance Fees; PCORI Fees, etc.
- Evaluate clients benefit offerings and plans to ensure they are competitive within the market and remain within the financial strategy of the employer.
- Minimum of 5 years in Human Resources
- Ability to obtain an insurance license in the state of Alabama
- Superior communication skills (written/oral/presentation) including the ability to present clear and concise to all levels of an organization, both individually, within a team setting or large group
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize frequent deadlines
- Experience/skills with varied commercial software programs including Microsoft Office
- Fundamental mathematical skills and the ability to perform basic calculations for administrative needs
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects/customers and assignments as evidenced by a quantifiable track record in prior positions
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage different processes efficiently and with high degrees of accuracy and completeness
- Highly proactive and responsive with strong organizational skills and a track record of follow-through and is accountable for delivering high-quality, timely, and effective results
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, high volume environment while being comfortable seeking answers when help is needed
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed
- High School diploma
You may have:
- Five or more years of experience in a HR Manager role
- Bachelor’s or other higher educational degree(s)
- Experience in the Employer Benefit Enrollment process
- Experience using varied agency management systems, including, but not limited to: Vertafore Agency Platform/BenefitPoint/AMS360/Work Smart and others
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
BirminghamJob Segment: HR Consultant, Compliance, Testing, HR, Compensation, Human Resources, Legal, TechnologyNearest Major Market:
To apply for this job please visit careers.ebscoind.com.