Well, we are headed into another weekend jam-packed with events. And let me stress the “jam” part of that, because there is a ton of great live music happening in the Huntsville area this weekend.
In addition to music, the weekend also includes college football at Toyota Field, a chalk art festival and more! Take a look at these events this weekend:Read more
There are so many awesome live music events in town this weekend, it was hard to pick just five to feature, but here goes:
- Luke Bryan: Oct. 14, Orion Amphitheater, 7PM. Catch one of country music’s biggest stars at the Orion!
- Bluegrass & BBQ Festival: Oct. 15, South Side Park, 2PM – 8PM. Get ready for some great bluegrass music and good food, happening all afternoon at South Side Park.
- Brent Cobb & Hayes Carll: Oct. 15, Princess Theater, 7PM. Acclaimed alt-country artists Brent Cobb and Hayes Carll hit the road for a co-headlining tour.
- The Judds -The Final Tour: Oct. 15, Von Braun Center, 7PM. This star-studded tribute and celebration of Naomi Judd will feature Wynonna with very special guest Martina McBride, and an iconic guest appearance by Little Big Town.
- Microwave Dave Day: Oct. 16, Stovehouse, 3PM to 8PM. Catch the 8th annual Microwave Dave Day with more than 75 local musicians playing on 3 stages.
Festivals, Arts, Parties
Did I mention there are a ton of cool events happening in town this weekend? Well take a look at these:
- Harvest Festival – Family Fun Day: Oct. 15, Redstone Harley-Davidson, 5PM. This cool event features stunt shows by Wheelie Wizzard, free food, live music by Full Spectrum, vendors, giveaways and more!
- Chalktoberfest: Oct. 15, Bridge Street Town Centre, 11AM – 2PM. This chalk art festival features live music, a balloon artist, face painting and more.
- HOWL-O-Ween Spooktacular: Oct, 15, Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, 11AM: Wear your scariest costume and bring your dog for a paint with your pup opportunity, costume contest, photo opp, trick for treat contest, and lots of goodies for you and your pup.
- Huntsville Ghost Walk: Oct. 15, Harrison Bros. Hardware, 6PM. Hear stories from Huntsville’s haunted past and learn why the spirits remain.
- Venardos Circus: Oct. 16, MidCity District, 1PM. Created by former Ringling Bros. Ringmaster Kevin Venardos, the Venardos Circus wraps world-class, animal-free circus acts into a Broadway Musical-style format.
Sports & Fitness
We wrote about the first-ever football game at Toyota Field earlier this week, bit that’s not the only sporting event happening in town. Take a look:
- UAH Women’s Soccer: Oct. 14, Charger Park, 7PM. Cheer on the UAH women’s soccer tream as they take on West Georgia.
- Women’s Beginner Mountain Bike Clinic: Oct. 15, Joe Wheeler State Park, 9AM. Join the League of Outdoor Women on this tutorial on mountain biking.
- Learn to Skate: Oct. 15, Huntsville Ice Sports Center, 10AM-11AM. Reserve your spot in one of our Learn to Skate Classes with the Huntsville Skating School & Training Academy.
- North Alabama vs. Jacksonville State: Oct. 15, Toyota Field, 6PM. The first-ever football game at Toyota Field features North Alabama taking on Jacksonville State.
- UAH Women’s Soccer vs Valdosta St.: Oct. 16, Charger Field, 1PM. Here’s another chance this weekend to cheer on the Chargers!
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss announcements on what’s happening in and around Huntsville.
You must be logged in to post a comment.