Well, we are headed into another weekend jam-packed with events. And let me stress the “jam” part of that, because there is a ton of great live music happening in the Huntsville area this weekend.
In addition to music, the weekend also includes college football at Toyota Field, a chalk art festival and more! Take a look at these events this weekend:Read more: Microwave Dave Day + 14 more events in Huntsville this weekend
There are so many awesome live music events in town this weekend, it was hard to pick just five to feature, but here goes:
- Luke Bryan: Oct. 14, Orion Amphitheater, 7PM. Catch one of country music’s biggest stars at the Orion!
- Bluegrass & BBQ Festival: Oct. 15, South Side Park, 2PM – 8PM. Get ready for some great bluegrass music and good food, happening all afternoon at South Side Park.
- Brent Cobb & Hayes Carll: Oct. 15, Princess Theater, 7PM. Acclaimed alt-country artists Brent Cobb and Hayes Carll hit the road for a co-headlining tour.
- The Judds -The Final Tour: Oct. 15, Von Braun Center, 7PM. This star-studded tribute and celebration of Naomi Judd will feature Wynonna with very special guest Martina McBride, and an iconic guest appearance by Little Big Town.
- Microwave Dave Day: Oct. 16, Stovehouse, 3PM to 8PM. Catch the 8th annual Microwave Dave Day with more than 75 local musicians playing on 3 stages.
Festivals, Arts, Parties
Did I mention there are a ton of cool events happening in town this weekend? Well take a look at these:
- Harvest Festival – Family Fun Day: Oct. 15, Redstone Harley-Davidson, 5PM. This cool event features stunt shows by Wheelie Wizzard, free food, live music by Full Spectrum, vendors, giveaways and more!
- Chalktoberfest: Oct. 15, Bridge Street Town Centre, 11AM – 2PM. This chalk art festival features live music, a balloon artist, face painting and more.
- HOWL-O-Ween Spooktacular: Oct, 15, Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, 11AM: Wear your scariest costume and bring your dog for a paint with your pup opportunity, costume contest, photo opp, trick for treat contest, and lots of goodies for you and your pup.
- Huntsville Ghost Walk: Oct. 15, Harrison Bros. Hardware, 6PM. Hear stories from Huntsville’s haunted past and learn why the spirits remain.
- Venardos Circus: Oct. 16, MidCity District, 1PM. Created by former Ringling Bros. Ringmaster Kevin Venardos, the Venardos Circus wraps world-class, animal-free circus acts into a Broadway Musical-style format.
Sports & Fitness
We wrote about the first-ever football game at Toyota Field earlier this week, bit that’s not the only sporting event happening in town. Take a look:
- UAH Women’s Soccer: Oct. 14, Charger Park, 7PM. Cheer on the UAH women’s soccer tream as they take on West Georgia.
- Women’s Beginner Mountain Bike Clinic: Oct. 15, Joe Wheeler State Park, 9AM. Join the League of Outdoor Women on this tutorial on mountain biking.
- Learn to Skate: Oct. 15, Huntsville Ice Sports Center, 10AM-11AM. Reserve your spot in one of our Learn to Skate Classes with the Huntsville Skating School & Training Academy.
- North Alabama vs. Jacksonville State: Oct. 15, Toyota Field, 6PM. The first-ever football game at Toyota Field features North Alabama taking on Jacksonville State.
- UAH Women’s Soccer vs Valdosta St.: Oct. 16, Charger Field, 1PM. Here’s another chance this weekend to cheer on the Chargers!