Ready to pop the question? Huntsville has all sorts of spots for you to propose—all beautiful, unique and picture-perfect. Here’s 13 of them—6 nature spots, 5 iconic Huntsville spots and 2 spots totally worth the drive.
Huntsville nature spots
1. Madison County Nature Trail on Green Mountain
There are many spots along the trail that would be perfect for a proposal—including an old open-air chapel and a dock over the picturesque lake.
2. Scott’s Orchard
Scott’s Orchard is beautiful no matter what season you propose in. In spring, the blooms create a bright background, and in fall they’re filled with precious apples.
- Location: 2163 Scott Rd, Hazel Green, AL 35750
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 8AM-5PM, Saturday 1PM-5PM
3. Monte Sano State Park
Looking for the perfect view inside the city? Head up to Monte Sano, a never-gets-old spot in Huntsville. Or, go for the Japanese Garden with the iconic gazebo, Japanese maples and azaleas.
4. Burritt on the Mountain
Burritt on the Mountain’s view, enclosed by a stone wall and glass fence, is a perfect proposal backdrop if you ask us. Or, you can pick a more intimate spot here like one of the trails or historic cabins.
- Location: 3101 Burritt Dr SE, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: Sunday 12PM-5PM, Monday closed, Tuesday-Saturday 9AM-5PM
5. Hays Nature Preserve
For a wide-open green space or a canopied forest with fairytale vibes, head to Hays Nature Preserve in the Hampton Cove area.
6. Blevin’s Gap Nature Preserve
Blevins Gap Nature Preserve has several beautiful trails and waterfalls. But the showstopper is the view—and there’s a rocky platform overlooking it.
Iconic Huntsville spots
7. Historic Huntsville Depot
The Historic Huntsville Depot is chock full of spots that would make for a cool vintage proposal. Choose from the railroad car, the front porch of a historic building or the grassy middle—all cute and classy.
8. Huntsville Botanical Gardens
A classic Huntsville spot for all kinds of occasions, Huntsville Botanical Gardens has gazebos, bridges and flowers galore. Golden hour would be the perfect time to pop the question here.
- Location: 4747 Bob Wallace Ave SW, Huntsville, AL 35805
- Hours: Sunday 11AM-6:30PM, Monday-Tuesday 9AM-6:30PM, Wednesday 9AM-8PM, Thursday 9AM-6:30PM, Friday-Saturday 9AM-6PM
9. Space & Rocket Center
What could be more Huntsville-esque than a proposal under the Saturn V rocket? It’d be especially stunning at dusk.
10. Bridge Street Town Center
How cute is the creamy, big-city background in this proposal spot? There’s also a classic carousel nearby that would make for some fun photos.
- Location: 365 The Bridge St, Huntsville, AL 35806
- Hours: Sunday 12PM-7PM, Monday-Saturday 10AM-9PM
11. Big Spring Park
Big Spring Park in downtown Huntsville is a well-known spot for a reason. It’s got a pond, famous red bridge, gazebo, cherry trees and massive stepping stones over the water. We think any of those would make for a lovely proposal spot.
- Location: Church St SW, Huntsville, AL 35801
Worth the drive
12. Gorham’s Bluff
Located about an hour east of Huntsville is an unincorporated community near Pisgah, Alabama. There’s a charming gazebo overlooking a breathtaking view. It’s a lesser-known but truly remarkable spot.
13. Weathington Park
And one last spectacular view. This one’s about 45 minutes outside of Huntsville, south of Scottsboro. It overlooks water that flows into Guntersville Lake.
- Location: Tammy Little Dr, Section, AL 35771
- Hours: Sunday-Saturday 8AM-7PM
There’s more where that came from. Check out our guide to 5 Huntsville insider spots for the perfect photo.
So, which one is your favorite? Let us know on social media with our hashtag #hvilleblast or tag us @hvilleblast!