Veterans Day weekend is coming up, and as we posted here last week, there are plenty of Veterans Day celebration events to enjoy in and around Huntsville, and several more events and activities to check out as well!
Here are some pretty fun and exciting happenings in the Rocket City:
Molly Lovette + more live music events
Here are some great live music events happening in Huntsville this weekend:
- 3-Way Handshake: Nov. 11, Fractal Brewing, 7PM. Celebrate Veterans Day with this talented group of rockers!
- Molly Lovette: Nov. 12, The Camp, 7PM. Check out the incredibly talented Molly Lovette for this all ages show at The Camp at MidCity.
- Shane Davis Group: Nov. 12, The Bar at 805, 9:30PM. Local artist Shane Davis will play all night at The Bat at 805. Enjoy some great music and tasty brews!
- Ally Free: Nov. 12, Rhythm on Monroe, 6PM. catch Ally Free this Saturday at one of Huntsville’s best night spots!
- Joshua Ray Walker: Nov. 13, Furniture Factory, 7PM. Fresh off shows out west, this songwriter puts on a fabulous live show!
Veterans Day Parade + more events to enjoy!
The Veterans Day parade kicks off a weekend full of fun events, markets and more in and arojnd Huntsville. Here are a few events on the calendar this weekend:
- Veterans Day Parade: Nov. 11, Downtown Huntsville, 11AM. Come out to celebrate veterans Day in Huntsville at the annual Veterans Day parade.
- Anastasia: Nov. 12, Mark C. Smith Music Hall, 2PM. This musical inspired by the animated classic “Anastasia” is a fabulous family outing!
- Bob Jones Car Show: Nov. 12, Madison Stadium, 2PM. Come out to a day of cars, trucks, motorcycles, and food trucks at Madison Stadium from 2PM to 4PM.
- Holiday Market at MidCity: Nov. 13, MidCity District, 11AM. Check out this market at MidCity and find gifts and crafts for everyone on your shopping list!
- A Christmas Story: Nov. 13, VBC Playhouse, 2PM. Theatre Huntsville presents the beloved Christmas comedy “A Christmas Story” performed live on stage!
UAH Basketball + more sports and fitness
Catch some college basketball or run in a 5K or half marathon this weekend. There are plenty of sports and fitness events to enjoy this weekend in and around Huntsville:
- UAH Men’s Basketball vs. St. Leo: Nov. 11, Spragins Hall, 7PM. Cheer on the Chargers as they host St. Leo Friday night.
- Huntsville Half Marathon: Nov. 12, Hillwood Baptist Church, 8M. Get your running shoes on and get out and compete in this half marathon sponsored by the Huntsville Track Club.
- North Alabama Cornhole Regional: Nov. 12, Fraternal Order of Eagles Aerie 3263, 12PM. This is a serious cornhole competition and some of the best players in the region will be there to compete!
- Simply Saturday Yoga: Nov. 12, Dr. Robert Shurney Legacy Center, 12PM. Take this awesome yoga class with Mi-Thai-Mmm, welcoming all experience levels.
- UAH Men’s Basketball vs. Tampa: Nov. 12, Spragins Hall, 7PM If you missed the Chargers Friday night, you can catch them Saturday night against Tampa.