Can you believe it’s already December? Well, it is, and the first weekend of the final month of 2022 has plenty of cool events to check out in and around Huntsville.
Read more to see some of the live music, shows, sports and more fun and cool events to check out in and around the Rocket City this weekend!
Here are a few of the live music events to check out in the Huntsville area this weekend:
- Andrew Parris: Dec. 2, Furniture Factory, 8PM. Check out the live music of performer Andrew Parris at the Furniture Factory downtown.
- 3 Hour Tour: Dec. 3, The Brick (Decatur), 8PM. Veteran Alabama rockers 3 Hour Tour take the stage in Decatur Friday night!
- Beastie Goys/High Gravity Project: Dec. 3, Fractal Brewing, 5PM. Enjoy the funky grooves from the Beastie Goys, the stoner stomp of the High Gravity Project and more!
- Zoe Burdett: Dec. 3, Stella’s Elixir Lounge, 5PM. Dig the Shoals sounds of Zoe Burdett while kicking back with a tasty cocktail.
- Sluice Fest Holiday Party w/ Apprehend, Joyboy, Dogg, and Defense Wound: Dec. 3, Orion Amphitheater, 7PM. The Sluice Fest team is partnering with the Orion Amphitheater to invite you to a night of free music!
Family Events, Shows, Markets
Want to see some stand-up comedy? How about tea with the Sugarplum Fairy from The Nutcracker? We have that and more events to check out this weekend:
- James Gregory: Dec. 2-3, Stand Up Live, 7PM. Catch the hilarious stand-up comedy of James Gregory Friday and Saturday night!
- Candlelight Christmas: Dec. 2-3, Burritt on the Mountain, 5PM. Experience a touch of Christmas past at Burritt on the Mountain’s annual favorite Candlelight Christmas. Burritt comes alive with the sights, sounds and smells of a traditional Christmas.
- Yule Y’all Market: Dec. 3, Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, 11AM – 7PM. This annual holiday market includes maker art, holiday creations, food and music. And at 5PM, the Lowe Mill water tower lighting will take place!
- Cat & Kitten Adoption Event: Dec. 3, Pet Supplies Plus, 2PM-5PM. Looking for the “purrfect” pet? Come out and see the cats abd kittens up for adoption Saturday.
- Sugarplum Tea with the Huntsville Ballet Company: Dec. 4, Revivalist at 106 Jefferson Hotel, 2PM-4PM. Guests will enjoy decadent desserts and teas while being enchanted by the Sugarplum Fairy and other Nutcracker characters.
Sports + Fitness
Between 5K runs, college hoops and cross country meets, there is a bevy of sporting events happening in the Huntsville area. Check these out:
- UAH Men’s Basketball: Dec. 2 and 4, Kelly Court at Spragins Hall, 7:30PM (Fr.), 4PM (Sun.). The Chargers take on Lee Friday night and then host Shorter Sunday afternoon.
- Simply Saturday Yoga w/Mi-Thai-Mmm: Dec. 3, Dr. Robert Shurney Legacy Center, 12PM. Get focused and centered with this yoga class including varying styles of yoga and multiple poses.
- Cross Country Meet: Dec. 3, John Hunt Park, 8AM. Girls Cross County meet with some of the top runners in the state!
- Krampus Run 5k: Dec. 3, Grissom High School, 11AM. The run will start at Grissom High School’s parking lot and continue down Haysland Road before winding back through the Hays Farm greenway.
- Sleigh Bell Run: Dec. 2, AM Booth’s Lumberyard, 8AM. Run with Rudolph, or at least Hanukah Amy and the jolly old elf in the red suit!