Well, it’s Fathers Day weekend, and you may be looking for something to do with dear ol’ dad, and believe me, there’s plenty going on this weekend!
From soccer to live music to an awesome beer and wine festival at Toyota Field, you won’t be lacking for fun and entertainment over the next few days:
We wouldn’t be complete listing weekend events you may want to check out if we didn’t give some cool live music options. Here are a few of the events this weekend:
- Silver Silos: June 16, Stovehouse, 6:30PM. Local favorites the Silver Silos bring their clever songwriting and immense talent to Stovehouse Friday night.
- The Irish Drum Center Presents Beppe Gambetta: June 17, Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, 7PM. The Irish Drum Center will host Italian flat-picking legend Beppe Gambetta for a small-venue show.
- Stacy Mitchhart: June 17, Mars Music Hall, 7PM. Catch Stacy Mitchhart’s “Other Side of Nashville” tour Saturday night.
- Shane Davis Group: June 17, Sports Page Lounge, 7OM. Catch the driving musical talent of local songwriter Shane Davis.
- Bourbon, BBQ + Bluegrass: June 18, Stovehouse, 3PM. Celebrate Fathers Day at the Stovehouse with all the things Dad enjoys – good bourbon, good barbecue and good music.
Sports + Fitness
From a Fathers Day event at the Huntsville City FC game against Miami to a Roller Derby match, there are certainly multiple opportunities to watch some sports this weekend:
- Pesky Piranha Youth Triathlon: June 17, Piedmont Pool, 8AM. This is the 9th Annual Pesky Piranha Youth Triathlon, and it’s so much fun!
- Big Foot Trail Run: June 17, Monte Sano Park, 7AM. This event includes a 5K and 10K trail run through Monte Sano State Park.
- RTR Pro Stock Points Race: June 17, Mt. Carmel Elementary, 7PM. Drivers must meet at 5:30 PM, race begins at 7.
- Rocket City Roller Derby: June 17, NSS Conference Center, 6PM. Ever been to a roller derby match? If you have, you know it’s super fun, and if you haven’t you are missing out.
- Huntsville City FC Fathers Day Event: June 18, Joe Davis Stadium, 5PM. Not only can you cheer on the HCFC, but before the game there’s a Fathers Day Happy Hour in the Yellowhammer Craft Beer Garden, $2 hot dogs, and the first 25 dads who come with their families get to have a photo taken on the field.
Theater, Arts, Shows
Of all of the events you may want to check out in Huntsville this weekend, you may thank us the most for reminding you that “Spamalot” is being performed by Theatre Huntsville this weekend! If that’s not your thing, there’s a wine and beer festival happening as well, plus a ton more going on in the Rocket City:
- Food Truck Rally: June 16, Big Spring Park, 5PM. Come hungry Friday night, because there will be tons of awesome food trucks and some live entertainment at Big Spring Park.
- American Identity Exhibit: June 10-Oct. 1, Huntsville Museum of Art, 10AM. The new exhibit at the HMA is now open. American Identity features traditional, symbolic, and groundbreaking portraits from the Huntsville Museum of Art’s permanent collection.
- Ian Bagg: June 17, Stand Up Live, 6:30PM. Catch the laugh-fest that is the stand up performance of comedian Ian Bagg at Stand Up Live.
- Spamalot: June 17, Von Braun Center Playhouse, 2PM. Theatre Huntsville presents the Tony Award-winning musical based on Monty Python’s “Holy Grail.”
- Trash Pandas 2023 Beer + Wine Festival: June 17, Toyota Field, 12PM. Sample dozens of beers and wines at Toyota Field, with food trucks, entertainment and more.