Let’s get ready for the weekend Huntsvillians! We have you covered at Hville Blast if you’re looking for something to do in and around the Rocket City.
This weekend includes Free Movie Night at Big Spring Park, the art market at Fractal Brewing and three Trash Pandas games against the Birmingham Barons. And that’s not all!
Check out these live music events in the Huntsville area:
- The Sharps: July 22, Downtown Rescue Mission, 6PM. Enjoy the Alabama-based quartet dedicated to the male, four-part harmony that so many love and enjoy.
- Jimmy Henderson: July 22, Tim’s Cajun Kitchen, 6PM. Check out the blues and rock sounds of Jimmy Hnderson in a fabulous setting at Tim’s Cajun Kitchen.
- Peck Hollow Bluegrass Music Jam: July 23, Gurley’s Soggy Bottom Music Barn, 5PM. Bring your instruments to Somerville and join the Peck Hollow Bluegrass Music Jam on the 4th Saturday of every month! All jammers are welcome
- Rock and Roll Reunion: July 23, Elk’s Lodge, 5PM. Celebrate the rich musical history of Huntsville as some of the Rocket City’s longtime rock and roll musicians play your favorites.
- Calypso Vision: July 23, Stovehouse, 6PM. Huntsville’s own Calypso vision is playing live at The Stovehouse, bringing their eclectic “Gumbo Mix” of trop and classic rock.
Sports + fitness
As I said above, the Trash Pandas are in town for a 3-game series, and there’s also a chance to hike the trails at Monte Sano. Here are some sports and fitness opportunities this weekend:
- Trash Pandas vs. Birmingham Barons: July 22-24, Toyota Field, 6:35PM (Friday and Saturday, 2:30PM (Sunday). The Trash Pandas are home for a three-game series against in-state rivals the Birmingham Barons.
- Hike the Land Trust Challenge – Monte Sano: July 23, Monte Sano Nature Preserve, 9AM. Join the Land Trust of North Alabama on a hike through nearly 6 miles of Monte Sano Nature Preserve.
- 1-Day Dart Tournament: July 23, Copper Top Bar & Grill, 12PM. Test your skills and play darts for a guaranteed $1,000 payout while enjoying drink specials and fun with friends.
- 2nd Annual ASOF Scholarship Disc Golf Shootout: July 23, Southside Prk, 7:30AM. Get out those discs and enter this awesome disc golf tournament with proceeds going toward the Alabama Sports Officials Foundation Scholarship Fund.
- Project Appleseed Rifle Marksmanship Clinic: July 23, Hobbs Island Shooting Range, 8AM. Project Appleseed is a nationwide program of The Revolutionary War Veterans Association, teaching rifle marksmanship skills.
Movies, comedy, markets
Whether its catching a live comedy show, seeing live theater or checking out some local art, here are some events in the area this weekend:
- Pippin: July 23, Lee High School, 2PM. Check out this local production of “Pippin” – the classic tale of the heir to the Frankish throne, the young prince Pippin, in search of the secret to true happiness and fulfillment.
- Fractal Art Market on the Patio: July 23, Fractal Brewing Co. 5PM. Fractal Brewing Project is providing space for local artists to showcase their work
- Raku Workshop: July 23, Sullivan Street Pottery, 6PM. Learn the excitement and spontaneity of raku, an ancient Japanese firing method.
- Free Movie Night: July 23, Big Spring Park, 6PM. Enjoy a free showing of “Space Jam” at Big Spring Park!
- Corey Holcolmb: July 24, Stand Up Live, 6PM. Catch comedian Corey Holcomb on stage at Huntsville’s Stand Up Live.
Have a fun and safe weekend Huntsville!
Follow Hville Blast on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss announcements on what’s happening in and around Huntsville.
You must be logged in to post a comment.