Hey there Huntsvillians! The weekend is creeping up, and there are plenty of fun Huntsville events over the next few days. Check out some of the live music, classes, conventions, sports and fitness events and more in our weekend events guide below!
Here are five live music evnets in Huntsville this weekend:
- South of Eden: July 29, Sidetracks Music Hall, 7PM. Catch the high energy rock and roll from Columbus- Ohio-based South of Eden.
- Concert on the Green ft. JUICE: July 30, S.R. Butler Green at Campus 805, 5PM. Huntsville Parks & Recreation invites the community to a free concert on this last weekend of summer break.
- Cheryl Llewellyn: July 30, Brickhouse Sports Cafe, 6PM. Cheryl Llewellyn is a singer/songwriter/guitarist from Athens, Ala. Her style is an eclectic mix of blues, rock, alternative, and much more.
- Pat Jamar: July 30, Humphrey’s Bar & Grill, 11AM. Join Pat Jamar for brunch at Humphrey’s! Enjoy great food, drinks and music.
- Milltowne plays Jerry Garcia: July 31, The Stovehouse, 5PM. Celebrate Jerry Garcia’s birthday with local band Millhouse playing the late Grateful Dead frontman’s best tunes.
Comedy, classes, fun for kids
Want to see some standup comedy? How about a competition barbecue class? Well we have you covered. Check out these fun Huntsville events this weekend:
- Summer STEM Camp: July 29, Huntsville Botanical Garden, 9AM – 4PM. Campers ages 4-11 participate in a variety of outdoor projects and play activities that inspire curiosity, creativity, and exploration.
- Introduction to Competition BBQ: July 30, Straight to Ale Brewery, 10AM – 2PM. Come learn the differences between at home BBQ and competition style BBQ all while meeting fellow Pitmasters from the area that all share the same passion for BBQ.
- Michael Yo: July 30, Stand Up Live, 6:30PM. Check out the hilarious host of the Michael Yo Show, fresh off his critically acclaimed comedy special “Blasian.”
- Valcon Anime Convention: July 30-31, Embassy Suites, 10AM to 5PM. Check out this anime convention featuring great guests, vendors, panels, and games.
- Summer Block Party: July 31, Bridge Street Town Centre, 12PM – 2PM. Join Main Event as summer comes to a close and celebrate the beginning of a new school year with booking specials, STEAM activation stations, local vendors, face painting, balloon artists and more.
Sports + fitness
Take some fitness classes, go canoeing, enter a 5-mile run or sign your kid up for a swimming competition for a great cause. Sports are also fun Huntsville events to enjoy this weekend:
- Space Open Pickleball Tournament: July 29-31, Sandra Moon Sports Complex. Compete in a quality pickleball tournament brought to you by the Huntsville Sports Commission and Life, Liberty & Pickleball.
- Skunk Ape 5 mile & 10 mile run: July 30, Monte Sano Park, 7AM. This is the third of 4 summer races as part of the Wild Thangs Trail Series.
- 2022 Swim for Melissa: July 30, Hampton House, 9AM. Kids ages 4-14 can participate in a day of family fun at Hampton Cove Pool for a great cause! Teams of eight swim as many laps as possible in five minutes, with prizes awarded to the top swimmers.
- Sunset Paddle: July 30, Forrest Paddle Boarding, 6PM. Float/paddle down to the tip of Hobbs island where you’ll have a fantastic view of the sunset from your paddle board.
- BollyX Workout: July 31, Southeast Family YMCA, 3PM. Join a fabulous Bollywood workout, free for Y members and just $10 for guests.
There you go! Hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend!
Follow Hville Blast on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss announcements on what’s happening in and around Huntsville.
You must be logged in to post a comment.