Some big news was announced Monday on the business front in Guntersville, with the word that Guntersville City Harbor will soon be the site of a $15 million hotel.
The developer, Lawler Hotels, has not yet finalized a hotel partner. What they did say, however, is that the hotel will be upscale and is expected to bring in significant revenue for the city.
What to know about the hotel project in Guntersville
A report by Business Alabama said the addition of the hotel to the City Harbor project now brings the area’s investment up to $30 million. Here are a few details about the project:
- The hotel will include approximately 90 rooms.
- The hotel agreement allows the city to sell the land to Lawler for $10.
- Once the hotel is complete, the city of Guntersville, Guntersville schools and local tourism organizations will receive more than $950,000 per year in direct harbor-related tax revenues.
- P. Lawler Enterprises is already working on two related harbor projects, which includes shops and restaurants, a brew pub, short-term rental condos and an 8,500-square-foot event facility.
A great addition to an already-popular destination
As Bama Buzz told us in April, City Harbor includes a bevy of entertainment options and other attractions, all on the scenic Lake Guntersville. Some of the tenants at City Harbor include:
- Another Broken Egg
- La Esquina Cocina
- Big Mike’s Steakhouse
- The Wake Eatery
- The Southern Brewers Co-Operative
- Levi’s on the Lake
- HOME Re.Decor
- The Cigar Room
Follow Hville Blast on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss announcements on what’s happening in and around Huntsville.
You must be logged in to post a comment.