With lows plunging into the single digits this weekend in Huntsville, a mug of something hot and festive hits the spot.
These local coffee shops are frothing and flavoring some deliciously creative lattes this season. Here are 27 holiday drinks at local coffee shops to keep you sipping all winter long!
Gold Sprint is always coming up with creative flavors with housemade syrups. Stop by to see what new coffees they’re mixing up—you’ll never know what you’ll find! If you’re looking for a classic that’s a staple this season, this one’s a personal favorite.
- Peppermint Mocha—a not-too-sweet chocolatey latte topped with a peppermint meringue powder
You can find Gold Sprint at 2515 9th Ave SW, Huntsville, AL 35805, open Monday-Saturday 7AM-7PM and Sunday 9AM-5PM.
Offbeat Coffee never fails to create bold, fun drinks each season. This winter, they’ve got some new coffees, including one with two variations.
- Persimmon Cappuccino—a housemade persimmon-syrup cappuccino with espresso and a bit of milk
- Check it Twice—a honey latte with saffron-infused oat milk that you can get Naughty (with chili-infused honey) or Nice (with vanilla and orange blossom honey)
You can find Offbeat in Campus 805 at 2620 Clinton Ave W #1d, Huntsville, AL 35805, open Sunday-Thursday 7AM-3PM and Friday-Saturday 7AM-5PM.
Honest Coffee Roasters
You can always count on Honest Coffee for homey flavors that satisfy seasonal cravings. This year, their holiday lattes are at two locations—and each one has its own specialty latte.
- Gingerbread Latte—a latte made with all the gingerbread spices like cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and clove
- Salted Maple Latte—smooth maple latte with just a little bit of salt for that sweet and salty flavor
- Nutcracker Latte—made with sweetened condensed milk and peppermint, this latte supports the Huntsville Ballet company and is only available at the Huntsville location
- Sugar Cookie Latte—this buttery, slightly almond-flavored latte that supports Crim Compassion Fund is only at the Madison location
Olde Towne Coffee
Olde Towne Coffee has holiday specials with some fun names and even more fun flavors. Their “Nightmare Before Christmas” themed menu is a must-try.
- What’s This?!?—a salted vanilla latte with a caramel drizzle
- Kidnap Mr. Santy Claws?—a gingerbread chai
- We’re Simply Meant to Be—pumpkin maple and shortbread latte
You can find Olde Towne in Five Points at 511 Pratt Ave NE, Huntsville, AL 35801, open each day 7AM-7PM.
Dragon’s Forge has a holiday menu that brings flavors from the holiday dessert table. They’re all topped with a pile of whipped cream—Dragon’s Forge style.
- Red Velvet Cake Latte—made with red velvet syrup and topped with whipped cream and chocolate
- Cookie Dough Latte—made with cookie dough syrup and vanilla and topped with whipped cream and chocolate
- Egg Nog Latte—steamed egg nog with espresso, topped with whipped cream and a dash of nutmeg
You can find Dragon’s Forge on the second floor of Lowe Mill at 2211 Seminole Dr SW Studio 2073, Huntsville, AL 35805, open Wednesday-Saturday 11AM-7PM.
If you’re looking to really get in the festive spirit, head over to Charlie Foster’s. Their red-and-pink tinted interior, combined with one of their coffee specials, would make for an extra-festive outing.
- Peppermint Mocha—espresso latte with peppermint and mocha
- Iced Sugar Cookie Latte—an iced espresso latte made with sugar cookie cereal milk and and a sugar cookie cold foam
- Christmas Cookie Matcha—a matcha latte made with sugar cookie cereal milk and sugar cookie syrup
- Gingerbread Cappuccino—espresso cappuccino with homemade gingerbread syrup
You can find Charlie Foster’s in Stovehouse at 3414 Governors Dr SW Suite 485, Huntsville, AL 35805, open Monday-Friday 7AM-5PM and Saturday-Sunday 8:30AM-5PM.
Canadian Bakin’s cozy, homey atmosphere is the perfect spot to grab a latte and a pastry. Not only do they have holiday coffee specials, but they also have festive baked goods like peppermint scones and sugar plum buns.
- Figgy Pudding Latte—this warmly spiced latte features a house-made syrup with figs, dates and citrus
- Andy’s Orange Chocolate Latte—an espresso latte with house-made orange syrup, mocha and a dash of orange bitters
- Mounty Mint Chip Latte—a peppermint mocha that you can get cold with whipped cream or hot with a marshmallow
BONUS: We’ve got the story behind Canadian Bakin’, and you can find it here.
You can find Canadian Bakin’ at 501 Church St NW Suite A, Huntsville, AL 35801, open Wednesday-Friday 7AM-3PM and Saturday-Sunday 8AM-2PM.
Hatch: Coffee with a Purpose
This little coffee shop, located inside the South Huntsville Public Library, is a nonprofit organization. Hatch provides young adults with culinary and hospitality training to equip them and give them confidence to enter the workforce, and their winter specials are a delicious way to support their mission.
- Sugar Cookie Chai—a white mocha with gingerbread syrup and chai tea
- Peppermint Mocha Latte—a dark mocha and peppermint syrup latte drizzled with dark chocolate
- Joey’s Gingerbread Latte—made with gingerbread syrup and topped with gingerbread spices
You can find Hatch inside the South Huntsville Public Library at 7901-L, Bailey Cove Rd SE, Huntsville, AL 35802, open Monday-Saturday 9AM-5PM and Sunday 1PM-5PM.
Rooster’s Crow Coffee Roastery
Rooster’s Crow Coffee Roasters has a holiday menu this season that is inspired by the world of fantasy. If you’re looking for something a bit more familiar, though, they also have their classic winter flavors.
- Golden Treasure Latte—made with homemade vanilla, brown sugar and cinnamon syrup, eggnog and a dash of nutmeg
- Turkish Delight—made with powdered sugar, a dash of cinnamon and just a hint of rose
- Sir Eli’s—a cold brew topped with a sweet, buttery cream
- Peppermint Mocha—a classic chocolatey-peppermint latte, hot or iced
You can find Rooster’s Crow in South Huntsville at 8402 Whitesburg Dr Building H, Huntsville, AL 35802, open Monday-Saturday 6AM-6PM.
Get updates like this delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for Hville Blast’s free newsletter today.