Fall is just around the corner, and visions of college football are dancing in our heads. But that’s not the only sport we have to look forward to this season.
Read on to check out Huntsville’s hot lineup, including national beach volleyball, soccer, hockey and more.
September: football, retrieving + more
September will feature some classic sports like football and volleyball but also offer some unique opportunities—like a hunting retriever club competition and a basketball alumni event.
- September 15-16: The Southern Showcase (Cross Country)
- September 15-16: All You Can Eat Century Ride (Cycling)
- September 16-17: HRC Hunt Test (Retrieving)
- September 22: Charger Tip-Off (Basketball | Alumni Event)
- September 23: F3 Erika’s Run (Cross Country)
October: softball, cross country + more in Huntsville
Halloween isn’t all we celebrate in October. We can also cheer on our favorite local athletes and team’s during these outstanding soccer, volleyball, softball and cross country competitions.
- October 13-15: Leidos KICKS Invitational (Soccer)
- October 14: Randolph Invitational (Cross Country)
- October 21-22: Rocket City Elite (Softball)
- October 25-27 Super Regionals (Volleyball)
Want to check out all the amazing sports in Huntsville? Learn more from the Huntsville Sports Commission.
November: beach volleyball, soccer + more
Most of us wouldn’t put Huntsville fall sports and beach volleyball together, but it turns out they make a pretty awesome combo. Mark your November calendars for the collegiate beach volleyball championship and other fun events like fishing and hockey.
- November 3-4: King Kat Classic (Fishing)
- November 3-5: AVCA Fall Collegiate Beach Volleyball Championships
- November 9-12: GSC Soccer Championships
- November 10-11: College Hockey South Veterans Day Tournament
- November 11 + 14: NJCAA Cross Country Championships
- November 18-19: Tri-State Cup: Snap Soccer
December: Huntsville marathon, SEC basketball + more
Talk about finishing the year strong—Huntsville fall sports will wrap up the year in December with an epic marathon. You can also enjoy SEC college basketball games and cross country.
- December 2: Running Lane Nationals (Cross Country)
- December 6: Middle Tennessee State vs. Tennessee (Women’s Basketball)
- December 9-10: Rocket City Marathon
- December 13: Rocket City Classic: Auburn vs UNC Asheville (Men’s Basketball)