Alabama A&M University president Daniel K. Wims announced Thursday the members of a new University Presidential Advisory Council that will advise and provide guidance on new ideas and initiatives.
The members of the council were chosen with the idea of including members from multiple facets of the community. Wims referred to the new council as a “Futurist Think Tank.”
Read more to find out the details.
What does this new council do?
The University Presidential Advisory Council has been staffed with representatives from various community sectors that will be able to advise and provide guidance on new ideas and initiatives, as well as provide historical context and institutional perspective.
Similar to the previously announced Alumni Advisory Council Members in their roles as governmental, corporate, community and higher education leaders, this council will advise the president and other administrators on political and corporate trends and the impact those areas have on higher education.
The advisory council will also engage in continuous environmental scanning to survey and interpret relevant data to identify external opportunities and threats that could influence future decisions relative to AAMU’s Master and Strategic Plans and Initiatives.
So, who is on this new council?
In addition to serving on the new council, the members may also serve on special university and unit-level ad-hoc and standing committees.
Senior On-Campus Advisor, Faculty Senate President, Trustee and Distinguished Professor, Dr. Jeanette Jones and Faculty Senate Secretary, Dr. Tonya Davis, will facilitate initial meetings and activities.
The members of the council are:
- Representative Mike Ball, Alabama House of Representatives, District 10
- Mr. Dewayne Carter, AAMU Normal Legacy Society
- Senator Linda Coleman-Madison, Alabama State Senator, District 20
- Mr. Richard Davis, Former AAMU Board of Trustees Chairman, Board Member for Mobile Airport Authority
- Mr. Michael Ford, Corporate Vice-President, Microsoft
- Dr. Jay Gogue, President, Auburn University
- Representative Laura Hall, Alabama House of Representatives, District 19
- Mr. Norman Jenkins, President/CEO Capstone Development LLC
- Rev. Clinton Johnson, Former AAMU Board of Trustees Chairman
- Dr. Jeanette Jones (Senior Advisor for the Council)
- Dr. Charles Nash, Retired Vice-Chancellor for Academic Affairs, University of Alabama System
- Mrs. Boyte Presnell, AAMU Normal Legacy Society
- Mrs. Beth Richardson, Madison Market President, ProgressBank
- Dr. Alease Sims, Esteemed Alumna and Knight-Sims Case Plaintiff
- Mr. Andre Taylor, Former AAMU Board of Trustees Chairman
- President, Dr. Daniel K. Wims
- Chairman of Board of Trustees, Dr. Jerome Williams