It’s weekend time again, Huntsville, and the next few days are packed with cool and exciting weekend events in the Rocket City. Do you want to head down to a pretty awesome music and arts festival? We have that. How about some live musical theater? We have that too. Championship soccer? Check.
Take a look at what the weekend has in store for you, Huntsville!
There’s always some pretty darn good live music happening in Huntsville, and this weekend is no exception. Check out these live music events happening all weekend:
- Concert on the Dock: May 12, Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, 6PM. The Lowe Mill Concerts on the Dock series continues with Dave Anderson playing live this Friday!
- Camp to Amp Festival: May 13, MidCity District, 11AM. This is a fabulous music festival featuring four stages with live music and performing arts, plus much more!
- April Pendergrass Band: May 13, Stovehouse, 7PM. One Huntsville finest performers, April Pendergrass, plays live at the Stovehouse Saturday night.
- Agent Orange: May 13, Rocket Republic, 6PM. The original Southern California punk / skater power trio, Agent Orange, is one of only a handful of bands that have been continuously active since the earliest days of the West Coast Punk scene.
- For King + Country: April 14, Orion Amphitheater, 7PM. Brothers Joel and Luke Smallbone are a Grammy-winning duo playing live at the Orion Amphitheater Sunday night!
Festivals, Shows, Markets
Mothers Day is this weekend, and there are plenty of events in town specific to honoring your mom, but also consider taking her to one of these cool and exciting weekend events:
- The Book of Mormon: May 12-14, Von Braun Center, Fri. 8PM, Sat. 2PM, 8PM, Sun, 1PM, 6:30PM. This hilarious Tony Award-winning musical has been called the “best musical of this century” by the New York Times.
- Straight to Ale’s 14th Birthday Celebration: May 13, Straight to Ale Brewery, 11AM. Celebrate Straight to Ale’s birthday all day and into the night, with brews, food and fun!
- Taste of Providence Wine Festival: May 13, Church Street Wine Shoppe at Providence, 2PM. Explore South Africa through five wines featured at this cool vino event!
- Classic Car & Tractor Show: May 13, Sharon Johnston Park, 9AM. This is a great family event featuring prizes, food trucks, vendor market, swap meet and much more.
- Tinker Bell: May 14, Huntsville Botanical Garden, 12PM. The Garden has partnered with Fantasy Playhouse Children’s Theater to bring you a live outdoor production of “Tinker Bell!”
Sports + Fitness
If you are looking for fun and exciting weekend events, look no further than the sporting events happening in and around the Rocket City over the next few days. Check these out:
- AHSAA Soccer Championships: May 11-13, John Hunt Park, 11AM. The girls and boys high school soccer semifinals and fails are happening this weekend at John Hunt Park.
- Fitness in the Park: May 13, Big Spring Park, 9AM. Get fit, Huntsville! This free fitness class happens every Saturday this spring and summer!
- Smoke Rise Trail Run: May 13, Blevins Gap, 7AM. This trail race is designed for both new and experienced trail runners alike, and starts at the beautiful Blevins Gap Land Trust along picturesque Green Mountain.
- Yoga by the River: May 13, Hays Nature Preserve, 8AM. Namaste, folks! Check out this free yoga class in the serene setting of Hays Nature Preserve!
- Racing at Huntsville Speedway: May 13, Huntsville Speedway, 4PM. Enjoy live racing at Huntsville Speedway, with multiple divisions and race classifications!