It’s the first weekend of June, folks, and there is plenty of activity happening in and around Huntsville over the next few days that should keep you busy and entertained.
With the weather not quite at steaming hot levels yet, being outside — especially in the evening — is pretty pleasant, and there are several events outside you can enjoy this weekend, along with indoor activities as well. Check it out!
- Lift Every Voice and Sing: June 3-4, Trinity United Methodist Church. The guest clinician for this event is none other than internationally known Jason Max Ferdinand, the founding artistic director of The Jason Max Ferdinand Singers and director of choral activities, chair of the music department and a full professor at Oakwood University
- Emily Joseph Band: June 3, 7PM, The Camp at MidCity. Enjoy live music by the Emily Joseph Band! Great food, cold drinks, and all the best vibes.
- 18th Annual Cigar Box Guitar Festival: June 4, Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, 11AM – 8PM. Live music from Microwave Dave, the Cigar Box Serenaders and Jamie Lynn Vessels.
- R&B Vibes Live for a Night with Pride: June 4, 7PM, Robyn’s Garden Winery. Join in the fun at Robyn’s Garden Winery with live music to the mix of Pride Month.
- Jada Vance/Caleb Mills: June 4, 7PM, The Camp at MidCity. Catch American Idol contestant and country music singer and songwriter, Jada Vance live at MidCity.
Sports & Fitness
- Fitness in the Park: June 4, 9AM, Big Spring Park. Get fit with Kardio Dance Fitness with Karissa from Kurvy Fitness.
- Eurocross 5K & 8K: June 4, 7AM, UAH campus. The challenge of the Eurocross lies in hurdling hay bales, sloshing through a creek, running through a forested section and grunting up one short, but steep hill.
- Yoga by the River: June 4, 8AM, Hays Nature Preserve. Come enjoy a relaxing, yet energizing hour of yoga next to Flint River in Hays Nature Preserve.
- North Alabama SC vs. Alabama FC: June 5, 5PM John Hunt Park. Watch the WPSL North Alabama SC battle in-state rival Alabama FC in women’s professional soccer.
Markets, Shows, Exhibits
- Master Artist Workshop with David Lobenberg: June 2-5, 9AM – 4PM, Huntsville Museum of Art. Through a step-by-step demonstrations and question-and-answer sessions, artists are lead down a path of expressive, energetic and evocative portrait painting.
- Movies in the Park: June 3, 7PM, Constitution Hall Park and Museum. The weekly event kicks off Friday with a showing of “Encanto.”
- Daylily Festival at Botanical Garden: June 4, 9AM – 12PM, Huntsville Botanical Garden. Featuring more than 800 types of daylilies, the Daylily Garden will be at its peak in early June.
- HUNTSPEX Stamp & Postcard Show: June 4-5, 10AM – 5PM, Jaycee Community Building. The HPC welcomes exhibitors to show their collections at HUNTSPEX 2022.
- Menopause the Musical: June 5, 3PM, Mark C. Smith Concert Hall. The show follows four mature women that are shopping for lingerie at a Bloomingdale’s sale, with lyrics parodying popular music from the baby boomer era.
Follow Hville Blast on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss announcements on what’s happening in and around Huntsville.
You must be logged in to post a comment.