As we lead up to our 4th of July celebrations, Huntsville looks to celebrate those who serve in the military with an Armed Forces Celebration next week. The celebration starts with a concert at Big Spring Park and a softball game at Toyota Field, and follows with a job fair and a golf tournament to end the week.
Here’s everything you need to know about the events next week!
Concert in the Park
We all know what a fabulous venue Big Spring Park is for a concert, and Monday night’s event should be as fun as expected. Here are a few details about Monday night’s event:
- The concert features the Maneuver Center of Excellence Band from Ft. Benning, Georgia.
- Music begins at 6:30PM, and a fireworks show will follow the music just after 8:30PM.
- The concert is free and open to the public.
- The City of Huntsville Garage M, located off Clinton Street between Monroe Street and Church Street, will have free parking for concertgoers.
- There will be food truck vendors in the park.
- In case of rain, the concert will move to the VBC South Hall, but there will be no fireworks.
Softball game at Toyota Field
The celebration doesn’t end with Monday night’s free concert. There is also a fun opportunity to watch some local competition as a team of local government and community leaders will take the field against Team Redstone in a softball game that’s sure to have its share of good-natured trash talking.
Whether you cheer for the Redstone Arsenal team or the Community Leaders, this will be a lot of fun to watch!
Here are some details:
- The game begins at 6PM, and Toyota Field will open its gates at 5:30PM.
- Admission and parking are free.
- Concessions will be available for purchase.
Hiring our Heroes Virtual Hiring Fair
Celebrating the military doesn’t end with concerts and fireworks. Support beyond the celebration is just as important — if not more. So, Hiring Our Heroes is holding a virtual hiring event Thursday, June 27. The event is from 1PM to 3PM.
Military community job seekers from around the globe will meet, network and interview with Huntsville employers. Job seekers can register here.
Iron Mike Golf Tournament
The week of celebration caps off with the Iron Mike Golf Tournament Friday, July 1, presented by the Association of the United States Army. This year’s tournament is at The Links at Redstone. Here are some additional details, including how to enter:
- Registration begins at 7AM with a shotgun start at 8AM.
- Cost is $100 per person (includes entry fee, green fees, cart, food and beverages).
- Funds raised from this tournament will help support the AUSA scholarship program.
- Breakfast and lunch are included, and the awards presentation immediately follows play.
- Interested golfers can register here for the tournament.
Additional benefits for military families
In addition to these events, many local attractions will offer free or discounted admissions for military families. These include:
- Huntsville Botanical Garden: Active and retired military personnel and their immediate families are invited to enjoy complimentary admission every day from June 27 through July 4. Please be prepared to show your military ID at the door. This complimentary admission is brought to you by Lockheed Martin.
- Huntsville Museum of Art: Discounted admission for active military between June 27 – July 1.
- EarlyWorks Family of Museums: Free admission for active/retired military and their immediate family members between June 27 – July 1 with proof of ID.
- YMCA Huntsville: Free admission during June 27 – July 1 to all service members and families.