After a mid-week holiday July 4th, we can now look toward the weekend, folks. And there are plenty of cool things to do this weekend in the Huntsville area.
Read more to check out some of the cool things to do this weekend in the Rocket City:
We always have a pretty good slate of live music in the area each weekend, and this weekend continues that trend. Whether you are looking for a cool jazz night or a rock and roll show, you can find it this weekend in the Rocket City:
- Eric Essix: July 7, Burritt on the Mountain, 7:30PM. The iconic jazz guitarist Eric Essix puts on a live performance in one of Huntsville’s most scenic venues.
- Jazz Night at Piper & Leaf: July 7, Piper & Leaf at Constitution Hall, 7PM. Enjoy an intimate listening room experience with The Josh Couts Quartet and Tyler Wallace Bennett.
- Erin Coburn: July 8, Cigar Box Guitar Store at Lowe Mill, 2PM, Humphrey’s Bar & Grill, 8PM. Get a sneak preview at the CBG Store of one of the top young blues musicians, who will give you a little taste of what you’ll hear later Saturday night when she rocks downtown for the late show at Humphrey’s.
- Eric Michael Taylor & The Broken Strings: July 8, Mars Music Hall, 8PM. Country music star Eric Michael Taylor takes the stage at Mars Music Hall with special guest Caleb Mills.
- Reggae Sunday: July 9, Rocket Republic, 3PM. Enjoy live reggae music, Carribean food and beach drinks all afternoon and into the evening at Rocket Republic.
Shows, Markets, Festivals
In addition to the live music happening in town, don’t forget to check out some of the other cool things to do this weekend in the Rocket City, such as:
- Tennessee Valley Hunting & Fishing Expo: July 7-9, Von Braun Center, Fri. 3-8PM; Sat. 9AM-8PM, Sun. 10AM-5PM. Join the experts to find out the latest in casting, shooting and enjoying the outdoors.
- Kiddie Carnival: July 7-8, Forrest Street and South Beaty Street (Athens), 6:30-9:30PM. A fun event for kids ages 2-10, with rides, food, entertainment and more!
- Women Behind The Wine Tasting: July 7, Vintage Cigar Lounge, 4PM. Experience some fantastic wines while celebrating women in the wine industry at this cool Bridge Street location.
- Bailey Cove Farmers Market: July 8, St. Thomas Episcopal Church, 8AM. Get some fresh produce, local arts and crafts and more at this farmers market in the Baily Cove community.
- First Annual Tennessee Valley Literary Festival: July 8, Limestone County Public Library in Athens, 9AM-2PM. Check out this gathering of local authors to showcase their work to the community! Books will be available for purchase.
Sports + Fitness
We have minor league baseball and minor league soccer here in the Rocket City, and both are going on this weekend! Check out those and more sporting events in the area:
- Trash Pandas vs. Lookouts: July 7-9, Toyota Field, Fri-Sat. 6PM, Sun. 4PM. Cheer on your Rocket City Trash Pandas as they host Chattanooga.
- Jackalope Trail Run: July 8, Monte Sano State Park, 7AM. Trail running enthusiasts will love this event, as the scenic trails of Monte Sano serve as the backdrop to a fun trail run.
- Enviroyoga: July 8, Mill Kat Healing Arts, 12PM. This is a free class with a focus on gentle Yin Yang yoga to reconnect with nature and ourselves.
- 2023 Wingfoot Running Camp: July 9, UAH, 9AM. Middle and high school runners are invited to Wingfoot Running Camp at University of Alabama in Huntsville.
- Huntsville City FC vs. Orlando: July 9, Joe Davis Stadium, 6PM. Your Huntsville City Football Club takes on Orlando at the Joe!