As we near the final weekend of February, it looks like our weekend events here in the Huntsville area are making a gradual shift from winter activities to spring activities. And there are plenty of fun events in Huntsville and the surrounding area this weekend.
Check out these events:
Get out and catch some live music in one of the many cool music venues here in the Rocket City. There’s plenty of live music scheduled for this weekend, and here are just a few of those shows:
- Remy Neal: Feb. 24, Mad Malts, 7PM. Catch this indie pop artist at downtown’s Mad Malts brewery, we told you there were fun events in Huntsville this weekend!
- A Night of Johnny Cash: Feb. 24, Electric Belle at Stovehouse, 8PM. Join Folsom ’68, the super-talented Johnny Cash tribute band live at the Electric Belle!
- Huntsville Symphony Orchestra: Feb. 25, Von Braun Center, 11AM. The HSO presents a free family concert and “whodunnit” musical mystery – “The Composer if Dead.”
- Saturday Brunch with Pat Jamar: Feb. 25, Humphrey’s Bar & Grill, 11AM to 2PM. Enjoy some delicious food from Humphrey’s kitchen and smooth music from Pat Jamar!
- Cheryl Llewelln: Feb. 26, Stella’s Elixir Lounge, 4PM. Enjoy the cool atmosphere of Stella’s and the music from singer-songwriter Chery; Llewlln.
Theater, Shows, Arts + Crafts
This a great weekend for some family fun in and around Huntsville. With live theater productions, arts and crafts classes and more, there are plenty of fun events in Huntsville this weekend for kids and adults alike. Including:
- Guys & Dolls: Feb. 23-26, Lee High School Theater, Fri. 7:30PM, Sat. 2PM & 7:30PM, Sun, 2PM & 7:30PM.Catch IMPHuntsville’s production of the classic musical comedy “Guys & Dolls.”
- Guy Torrey: Feb. 24-26, Stand Up Live, Fri. 7PM & 9PM, Sat. 6:30PM & 8:45PM, Sun 6PM. There are five chances to see the hilarious stand-up comedy of Guy Torrey!
- Turnip & Joletta’s Family Game Night: Feb. 25, Shenanigans Comedy Theater, 5PM. Come hang out with your crazy friends Turnip & Joletta to play games, win real prizes, and have a lot of laughs!
- Pokemon Takeover: Feb. 26, EarlyWorks Museum, 11AM-4PM. Celebrate National Pokemon Day at EarlyWorks with card trading, a Pokémon creation station and a scavenger hunt!
- Empty Bowls Huntsville 2023: Feb. 26, Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, 1PM. Join in on this pottery-making fundraiser benefiting First Stop, Inc. Theatre Huntsville has graciously donated their Studio Theatre at Lowe Mill to host the event.
Sports + Fitness
For those who want to watch or participate in some sporting events, look no further. There are some fun events in Huntsville that can include you as a spectator or a participant, depending on what you want to do:
- UAH Baseball vs. Missouri S&T: Feb. 24-25, Charger Park, Fri. and Sat. doubleheaders begin at 12PM. The Chargers have two doubleheaders this weekend so get on out and catch these free baseball games!
- Paper Chase 5K: Feb.25, Downtown Huntsville, 8AM. The Paper Chase 5k raises funds for the Huntsville nonprofit Free 2 Teach—an organization that provides free supplies and resources to public school students and teachers.
- Simply Saturday Yoga: Feb. 25, Dr. Robert Shurney Legacy Center, 12PM. Experience a variety of traditional eastern yoga – including mantra, mudras, singing bowl, chanting, meditation and more.
- Free Baseball & Softball Clinic: Feb. 25, New Market Recreation Center, 8AM. New Market Recreation Center is hosting a free baseball and softball clinic for ages 4-12!
- College Hockey Championships: Feb. 24-26, Huntsville Ice Sports Center, all weekend. Catch the College Hockey South Championships all weekend with teams from all over the southeast!
Want more info and updates on what’s happening in and around Huntsville? Follow Hville Blast on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
You must be logged in to post a comment.