By using a certain hashtag on social media, you could actually help Alabama A&M University win a $150,000 grant. AAMU is participating in the 2023 Home Depot Retool Your School Competition, and needs your help.
Here’s how to help Alabama A&M win:
Home Depot’s Retool Your School
According to Home Depot, the Retool Your School Competition has helped HBCUs by providing more than $5.2 million in grants to make campus improvements since 2009.
AAMU won last year’s competition, which provided a $75,000 grant to the school, used improve AAMU’s historic Bell Tower. This year the grand prize has doubled, and the university has several plans for the grant if they win, including:
- Improvements and painting at Normal Hills
- Painting the retainer wall under the bridge over Meridian Street
- Improvements to the playground at the Child Development Center
Vote with #RYSAAMU to Help AAMU Win $150,000
Online voting began at the beginning of March. You can vote daily (and often) until March 26 at www.retoolyourschool.com. Here’s what to do:
- Click “Vote Now”
- Choose Cluster 1
- Vote for Alabama A&M University.
- Also, each use of the #RYSAAMU hashtag on Twitter and Instagram earns AAMU a vote
- You can also download the AAMU Toolkit to create and share your #RYSAAMU spirit
Good luck, Bulldogs!
Want more info and updates on what’s happening in and around Huntsville? Follow us on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
You must be logged in to post a comment.