Guess what? It’s almost the weekend, and the first weekend of fall is full of music, sports and fitness and tons of cool markets and events in the Huntsville area.
Some great live music is taking place this weekend in the Huntsville area, including My Morning Jacket at the Orion and Mac McAnally at Princess Theatre. And there’s so much more…
As Huntsville Music Month continues, there are several fantastic live music events in the Huntsville area to check out this weekend. Here are a few of them:
- Concerts on the Dock w/ Gabe Larose: Sept. 23, Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, 6PM. Check out Gabe Larise and Hunter Copeland at Lowe Mill. It’s a free show!
- Gov’t Mule: Sept. 23, Mars Music Hall, 7PM. The Southern rock jam band is back in Huntsville this weekend, ready to get groovy.
- Mac McAnally: Sept. 23, Princess Theatre, 7PM. Come see the Mac McAnnally, the CMA Musician of the Year for an unprecedented nine years!
- My Morning Jacket: Sept. 24, Orion Amphitheater, 7PM. Grammy nominees My Morning Jacket, considered one of the best live bands around, ricks the Orion Saturday night.
- Jazz in the Park / Phil Denny: Sept. 25, Big Spring Park, 5PM. The Jazz in the Park series continues Sunday with Phil Denny, Dee Lucas and the Grissom High School Band.
Markets, Festivals, Classes
There are so many Huntsville events this weekend, it was hard to pick just five to list here, but here is a pretty good representation of what’s happening here this weekend:
- The Huntsville Flea: Sept. 24, Butler Green Park, 11AM. Shop for vintage clothing, records, artwork and more at this flea market at Butler Green park.
- 2022 HOTC Dog Fair: Sept. 24, Monte Sano Park, 9AM. The HOTC Dog Fair provides a wide range of demonstrations and hands-on activities for the public and their canine companions, and gives local shelters and rescue groups the opportunity to showcase their dogs in need of a ‘forever’ home.
- Sharon Johnston Park Fall Festival: Sept. 24, Sharon Johnston Park, 10AM. Enjoy food trucks, bouncy houses, games,, hay rides, vendors and more as we celebrate fall.
- Beginner Crochet Class: Sept. 24, North Huntsville Public Library, 1PM. Learn the art of crocheting, even if you have never tried it!
- Monarch Tag & Release: Sept. 24, Huntsville Botanical Garden, 10AM. Guests will be “tagging” 100 monarch butterflies (putting a tiny sticker on their dorsal wings) and then releasing them into the Garden.
Sports & Fitness
Obviously, there is some college football to watch this weekend, but in addition to that, there are a handful of running events in the area this weekend, and a great tailgate experience as well. Check these out:
- Racin’ the Station Duathlon: Sept. 24, Marshall Space Flight Center, 6AM. Participants will “race” the International Space Station as it completes one Earth orbit.
- St. Jude Run/Walk: Sept. 24, HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology, 8AM. This exciting, family-friendly event helps raise funds to support the lifesaving mission of St. Jude’s Hospital.
- Donut 5K Challenge: Sept. 24, Toyota Field, 8:30AM. Participants will start inside Toyota Field then run, jog, or walk to the designated donut pick up spot inside beautiful Town Madison.
- AFFC Community Reinvestment Kickoff: Sept. 24, NSS Conference Center, 11AM. Experience the Alabama Florida Football Classic Community Reinvestment Tailgate in celebration for the HBCU Alabama A&M Bulldogs vs Florida A&M Rattlers Football game
- TAC/TVR Autocross Event: Sept. 25, Milton Frank Stadium, 8AM. Autocross is a timed competition through a road course marked with cones. This is a really cool experience.
So, what are you going to do this weekend? Let us know on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss announcements on what’s happening in and around Huntsville.
You must be logged in to post a comment.