We know it’s no secret that Huntsville is one of the best places to live. So, it’s no surprise that The Rocket City was listed in the top 10 real estate markets to watch in 2023, according to the National Association of Realtors (NAR). Read on to learn how our city made the list.
Keep your eye out for Huntsville’s real estate market
Huntsville is predicted to be one of the hottest real estate markets to in 2023. To make the list of which real estate markets to watch, NAR looked at different economical indicators, including:
- Better housing affordability
- Faster growth of population, information industry jobs and active housing inventory
- Higher shares of the information industry in the respective local gross domestic products
- Migration gains
- More renters who can afford to buy a median-priced home
- Shares of workers teleworking
- Smaller housing shortages
- Stronger job growth
What other cities are on the list?
Wondering who else made the list? The other cities or metropolitan areas that are predicted to be the top 10 real estate markets for 2023 include:
- Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta, Georgia
- Charleston-North Charleston, South Carolina
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, Texas
- Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers, Arkansas + Missouri
- Greenville-Anderson-Mauldin, South Carolina
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- San Antonio-New Braunfels, Texas
Curious how real estate is faring in Huntsville right now? Check out these recent listings that just dropped on the market.
If you want more buzzy news like this delivered straight to your inbox, sign up for our FREE newsletter.