The Guinness Book of World Records includes some pretty unique feats, but one recent entry — courtesy of a Huntsville YouTuber — is certainly among the most unique.
Michael Pick, who also has his name in the Guinness Book of World Records for building the world’s largest Nerf gun, built the world’s largest Xbox, completing the giant game console in December. Check this out!
Who is Michael Pick?
A graduate of Tennesee Tech, Michael Pick is a former software engineer who most recently worked for Lockheed Martin in Huntsville. Pick has built a giant Nerf gun, a giant Nintendo Switch and various other engineering projects. And he does these just for the fun and challenge of it.
Pick said he is always looking for new engineering challenges and said this most recent project was “a really fun build.”
“I’ve worked really hard making this build as accurate as possible and having a Guinness World Records title is a really cool way to end this project.”Michael Pick
What is this giant Xbox and what is he doing with it?
To give you some perspective of how large this gaming console is, here are some details:
- The massive Xbox Series X stands at 6.82 ft. x 3.41 ft. x 3.41. ft and weighs 250 pounds – roughly the size of a standard refrigerator.
- Starting with a wooden exterior, he built supersized replicas of the Xbox’s elements including the back connection ports and other identifying features.
- According to Michael, the most difficult part of reproducing the giant gaming system was designing the curves atop the Xbox Series X and recreating its glowing logo.
- By 3D printing some sections, he was able to glue them together and create a scaled version of the popular gaming system.
- The entire Xbox creation process took about two days to plan and a month to construct.
Pick plans to donate the super-sized, super fun Xbox to the YMCA Youth Center in Atlanta, making it worth all of the effort.
Check out the YouTube video of Pick building his giant XBox.
Follow Hville Blast on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss announcements on what’s happening in and around Huntsville.
You must be logged in to post a comment.