Huntsville might be known for having a plethora of authentic German food, but we have tons of other international options. From Jamaica to Nigeria, we gathered some of the best restaurants for you to try.
1. Punta Cana Caribbean
You don’t need to fly to get a taste of the islands right here in Huntsville. At Punta Cana, you can get delectable yuuca as a side and authentically made patacon. It’s food that brings people together.
- Location: 30098 Andrea Ln, Madison, AL 35756
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 10:30AM–2PM, 4–7:30PM
2. M & K Jamaican
If you’re in the mood for something that resonates with your soul, visit M & K Jamaican. They also offer a vegan menu with some of the tastiest dishes around.
- Location: 2501 C, Jordan Ln NW, Huntsville, AL 35816
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 10AM–8PM | Friday 10AM–9PM | Saturday 10AM–7PM
- Website | Facebook | Instagram
3. Neon Lilly
For Eurasian food such as Armenian ground turkey or Ukrainian Boston butts, make your way down to Neon Lilly. Located at Bridge Street, this is the perfect spot for an afternoon excursion.
- Location: 325 The Bridge St Suite 101, Huntsville, AL 35806
- Hours: Sunday 11AM–3PM | Tuesday 11AM–3PM, 5–9PM Wednesday-Saturday 11AM–9PM
4. Pofta Buna International
Take a mini trip to Romania by just meandering your way to the little restaurant in Lowe Mill known as Pofta Buna. You can find savory and sweet crepes, even schnitzel.
- Location: 2211 Seminole Dr SW, Huntsville, AL 35805
- Hours: Wednesday-Thursday 11AM–7PM | Friday 11AM–8PM | Saturday 11AM–6PM
5. Jamos Cafe
For vegetarian Middle Eastern food, find yourself at Jamos cafe. There are plenty of opinions for everyone in the fam such as kabobs, gyros and burgers.
- Location: 413 Jordan Ln NW, Huntsville, AL 35805
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 11AM–8PM
6. Oasis Jerk Center
To get your Jamaican soul food fix, head to Oasis Jerk Center. When it comes to Jerk seasoning, you have options here. You can choose from wings to pork to chicken. Go on and take a bite.
- Location: 470 Plummer Rd, Huntsville, AL 35806
- Hours: Sunday 3:30–10PM | Wednesday-Saturday 3:30PM–12AM
7. Ike’s Kitchen
For African food, make your way to Ike’s Kitchen. They specialize in making delicious dishes such as asun, a popular spicy goat meat Nigerian dish.
- Location: 3700 Blue Spring Rd NW, Huntsville, AL 35810
- Hours: Monday-Friday 9:30AM–7PM | Saturday 9:30AM–4PM
8. Mexibbean Island Grill
If you haven’t yet, try Jamiacian Style Oxtail at Mexibbean Island Grill. They’re always sizzlin’ something tasty.
- Location: 200 Oakwood Ave NE, Huntsville, AL 35811
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 5–10PM | Friday-Saturday 5–11PM
9. Island Jerk
Everyone knows when you go to Island Jerk you get the jerk chicken, but my personal fav would be the curry. Don’t sleep on these dishes—they’re as authentic as they are tasty.
- Location: 2230 Sparkman Dr NW #100th, Huntsville, AL 35810
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 12–8:30PM
What international cuisine is your fav? Let us know on Facebook and Instagram.
You must be logged in to post a comment.