Website Auburn University
The Department of Graduate Business Programs is currently accepting applications for the position of Administrative Support Specialist II. This position provides varied and high-level administrative and technical support to an academic-related department. This position will oversee the front desk functions of the Graduate Business Programs Office within the Harbert College of Business.
The Harbert College of Business is one of the country’s most prestigious, innovative, and dynamic business schools, dedicated to producing highly desired graduates and generating knowledge that drives diverse business thought and sustainable business practice. To learn more about the Harbert College of Business, visit: https://harbert.auburn.edu/
Why should YOU consider a career with the Harbert College of Business?
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
About Auburn University: At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
– Responds to routine questions regarding the admissions process and requirements for Graduate Business Programs.
– Coordinates large or complex projects or events. Assist in the coordination of recruitment activities and may coordinate/give campus tours.
– Performs a variety of clerical duties, such as: typing & correspondence, filing/folders, record keeping/compilation, data entry, preparation/processing forms, calendars and scheduling, mail distribution and outgoing mailings, travel/expense vouchers, telephone and greetings, supplies/inventory, limited supervision of clerical or student work, other support duties of similar difficulty.
– Serves as the primary front desk support specialist for Graduate Business Programs in the Harbert College of Business and provides a professional, helpful, and welcoming atmosphere for all faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
– Reviews and verifies documentation for completeness and compliance with policies and procedures.May assist in the development and maintenance of databases.
– Maintains accurate records in Salesforce.
– Provides budget tracking and coordination for a unit or department
– Assists Graduate Career Services with administrative support for engaging employers and alumni.
– Provides administrative support for the Graduate Executive Programs including the Master of Real Estate Development, Executive MBA, and Physicians Executive MBA.
– Advises others on processes, procedures, and services. Recruits and enrolls prospective graduate students by advising the students and parents over the phone, online, or in-person to provide information about Auburn’s admissions process, scholarship opportunities, and academic programs
|Education Level||High school diploma or equivalent|
|Field of Study|
|Years of Experience||6 years|
|Area of Experience||
Experience in administrative support services
|Requirements for Additional Job Levels|
|Education Level||Indicated education is required; no substitutions allowed.|
|Field of Study|
|Years of Experience||Degrees accepted in lieu of years of experience|
|Area of Experience|
|Requirements for Additional Job Levels|
|Minimum Skills and Abilities|
|Minimum Technology Skills|
|Minimum License and Certifications|
|Salary Range||$25,000 – $41,700|
|Job Category||Office/Administrative Support|
|Working Hours if Non-Traditional|
|City position is located in:||Auburn|
|State position is located:||Alabama|
|List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position|
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
Please provide a minimum of two professional references. Only complete applications will be considered.
|Quick Link for Internal Postings||https://www.auemployment.com/postings/30830|
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select how you first became aware of this opportunity. Your response helps us determine how we can more effectively reach our candidates.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- The Tuskegee News
- Professional organization or journal
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- State Employment Service
- Social Media
- AU Job Bulletin
- Notified by an Auburn employee
- College or university Career Services
- I went to the AU Employment Website directly (www.auemployment.com)
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have 6 years of experience in administrative support services OR a degree to use in lieu of years of experience?
To apply for this job please visit www.auemployment.com.