Website EBSCO Industries
EBSCO Industries, Inc. (EBSCO), headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, is one of the largest privately held and family-owned companies in the United States. EBSCO was founded in 1944 by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has grown and evolved over time into a holding company with a global portfolio comprised of dozens of entities in over 15 separate industries/markets, including Information services, outdoor products, real estate, manufacturing and distribution, and insurance services. We provide valuable support services to our subsidiaries to support their growth. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
Based in Birmingham, Alabama, EBSCO Industries is a multinational company with operating business and real estate holdings within growing industries and end-markets. EBSCO Realty Investments (ERI) is directly responsible for the investment in and management of these real estate interests, which currently include multifamily complexes, Alys Beach, mitigation banks, and other commercial and industrial investment properties. We are actively working to expand this portfolio and would like to immediately add a high-performing Real Estate Investment Associate to the team. The newly-created position be involved with all aspects of ERI’s activities, including investment underwriting, acquisition execution, and portfolio management. The position will work closely with Jay Page, ERI’s President, and other members of the ERI team, and it will also have exposure to senior executives within the broader EBSCO organization.
- Actively support the expansion of EBSCO’s multifamily/residential property portfolio, including deal analysis, diligence, and execution for property acquisitions and ground-up development
- Support the completion of ERI’s development of Alys Beach, which includes both residential and commercial real estate assets
- Be deeply involved with the build-out of ERI’s mitigation banking investment portfolio, including idea generation, prospective bank evaluation, land closing, bank development, and monetization
- Complete market and industry research to support investment and operational activities across the entire ERI portfolio and assess new asset class opportunities
- Monitor and report on the performance of ERI’s overall existing portfolio
- Participate in ERI’s annual budgeting and ongoing strategic planning processes
- Bachelor’s degree (Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or Economics)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in one of the following fields: private equity, investment banking, real estate development, or relevant advisory services
Preferred Skills and Credentials:
- Strong work ethic with a demonstrated record of achievement
- Fluency with financial accounting and financial statement analysis
- Strong analytical acumen, including the ability to build operational and investment models that contemplate core investment return drivers and reflect profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash flow statement results
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills, including being capable of communicating complex and broad subjects in a cogent and concise manner
- Thorough competency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex, pregnancy status, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: Real Estate, Realtor, Sales
To apply for this job please visit careers.ebscoind.com.