As the 4th of July weekend is upon us, Huntsvillians who are celebrating the holiday in town may wonder what businesses and services are operating on Monday, which is a federal holiday.
Here is a quick guide to what’s open, and what’s closed Monday, July 4.
Being a federal holiday, Independence Day means all federal offices are closed, as well as all stock markets. Here are some of the closures in the Huntsville area Monday:
- Federal offices: Closed
- State offices: Closed
- Municipal and county offices: Most are closed
- Banks: Many closed on Monday, check with your branch
- U.S. Post Offices: Post offices are closed, mail will not run. Regular mail delivery and collection will resume Tuesday, July 5.
- Fed Ex: Some services closed, most offices on modified schedule
- UPS: Some services closed, most offices on modified schedule
- Financial markets: Closed
- Costco: Closed
Most retail businesses and restaurants will remain open July 4, but some may operate on adjusted hours. Here are some of the large retailers that will be open July 4:
- Academy Sports + Outdoors: Open 9AM to 9PM
- Ace Hardware: Open 7AM to 8PM
- ALDI: Limited hours, varies by location
- CVS: Open 8AM to 10PM
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: Open 9AM to 9PM
- Dollar General: Open 8AM to 10PM
- Dollar Tree: Open 8AM to 10PM
- Family Dollar: Varies by location
- Five Below: Varies by location
- Fresh Market: Open regular hours
- Home Depot: Open 6AM to 10PM
- Lowe’s: Open 6AM to 10PM
- Michaels: Varies by location
- Publix: Open 7AM to 10PM
- Sam’s Club: Plus Members: 8AM to 6PM; Club Members: 10AM to 6PM
- Target: Open 9AM to 10PM
- T.J. Maxx: Open 9:30AM to 9:30PM
- Trader Joe’s: Open regular hours
- Walgreens: Varies by location
- Walmart: Open 6AM to 11PM
- Whole Foods Open regular hours
Follow Hville Blast on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss announcements on what’s happening in and around Huntsville.
You must be logged in to post a comment.