Events are plentiful this weekend in Huntsville! Hopefully all of you are doing a decent job of beating this heat we’ve had over the last couple of weeks. Luckily, there is plenty to do both inside and outside this weekend in the Huntsville area.
Check out some of the events happening in and around Huntsville over the next few days. There’s a little something for everyone!
There’s plenty of live music in the Rocket City this weekend, with varying genres and venues. Here is just a handful of live music events happening in the area:
- Parker Millsap: June 24, Stovehouse, 7PM. Catch acclaimed singer/songwriter Parker Millsap live at the Electric Belle in Huntsville’s awesome Stovehouse venue.
- Annie Dukes: June 24, Sidetracks Music Hall, 7PM. Annie Dukes comes to Sidetracks Music Hall with special guest Jayne & The Huntsmen.
- Keith Sweat: June 25, Orion Amphitheater, 8PM. Don’t miss Keith Sweat, one of the most popular R&B artists of the 80s and 90s, live at the Orion.
- Charity Gayle: June 25, Cornerstone Word of Life Church, 7PM. Enjoy the music of Christian artist Charity Gayle, with worship music that speaks to every tribe, nation and age.
- Kayla Ray: June 25, Princess Theater (Decatur), 6PM. Check out the music of singer/songwriter Kayla Ray as she stops in Decatur on her nationwide tour.
Sports & fitness
There are some pretty unique opportunities to eithe watch some sports or get in the activities yourself this weekend, as some pro basketball and some beach volleyball are happening here this weekend. Check it out:
- Fitness in the Park: June 25, Big Spring Park, 9AM. Get moving with Workout of the Day with Crossfit Impulse in Big Spring Park East.
- Madison County Mambas v.s. Alabama Knights: June 25, Monrovia Community Center, 1:45PM. Cheer on Huntsville’s own semi-pro basketball team this Saturday as the Mambas take on the Knights.
- Huntsville Spikefest: June 26, John Hunt Park, 9AM. Hey beach volleyball players – Do you have the biggest and best spike in town? Come show off your skills at the Men’s and Women’s Double’s Spikefest.
- BollyX: June 26, Southeast Family YMCA, 3PM – 4PM. Experience the Bollywood Workout free at the Y!
- Hike the Land Trust Challenge – Green Mountain: June 26, Green Mountain Nature Preserve, 1PM. Work your way across the beautiful Green Mountain Nature Preserve on this 4.6-mile hike!
Shows, markets & family events
Whether it’s a market, a movie or a comic convention, we have you covered here in the Rocket City. Here are a few of those events this weekend:
- HCRU 14th Annual Car Show: June 25, Monte Sano State Park Picnic Area, 8AM – 2PM. The event is held outside at gorgeous Monte Sano State Park and social distancing will be easy to maintain.
- Black-Owned Business Expo: June 25, Parkway Place, 10AM – 7PM. This will be a fantastic opportunity to shop and support local black-owned small businesses from Huntsville and surrounding areas.
- HuntsvilleCon/ComiCon: June 25, Embassy Suites, 10AM. HuntsvilleCon is a collectors’ mecca convention, featuring fandoms of multiple comic genres.
- Picture Pals Movie Time: Charlotte’s Web: June 25, Downtown Huntsville Public Library, 1:30PM. Enjoy the EB White classic story FREE at the Huntsville Public Library.
- The Market at MidCity: June 26, MidCity District, 1PM – 5PM. Check out North Alabama’s market for farmers, makers, growers, musicians and more.
So, what are y’all going to do this weekend? Let us know! Also, follow Hville Blast on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss announcements on what’s happening in and around Huntsville.