The sun’s out, so you should be outside too. If your kids love running around and exploring nature, then Land Trust of North Alabama’s Nature Play Camp is the best summer camp for your kids to sign up for. Keep reading for all of the details.
Nature Play Camp is a summer of fun for your kid
School’s out, but the learning doesn’t have to stop now. However, it’s summer, so let’s change up the location of the classroom. If your kid loves to be outside, Land Trust of Alabama’s Nature Play Camp is a fun week of exploration and curiosity. Topics and activities for this week-long day camp include:
- Animal adaptations
- Being nature detectives
- Crafts, puzzles and games
- Map reading
- Swimming in Fagan Creek
- Water critters
Sounds like fun? Here’s how you can sign up:
- Cost: $300 ($250 for Land Trust members at the Trailblazer Level or above)
- Scholarships: Apply online by Wednesday, July 6, 12PM
- Register online
Two weeks of fun + the great outdoors
If you have a kid who’s age 6-11, count them lucky. Make sure you mark your calendars for these two weeks:
- Ages 6-8: Monday, July 18-Friday, July 22 | 9AM-4PM
- Ages 8-11: Monday, July 25-Friday, July 29 | 9AM-4PM
If you’re in the week one group for ages 6-8, drop-off and pick-up are both at the same location:
- Where: Monte Sano Nature Preserve (Bankhead Trailhead) | 2442 Bankhead Pkwy NE, Huntsville, AL 35801
Kids 8-11 will have drop-off and pick-up locations in different areas during week two of the Nature Play Camp:
- Drop-off: Monte Sano Nature Preserve (Bankhead Trailhead) | 2442 Bankhead Pkwy NE, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Pick-up: Monte Sano Nature Preserve (Cleermont Trailhead) | 506 Cleermont Dr. SE, Huntsville, AL 35801
We know this is going to be the best summer yet for your kids. Also, check out events and volunteer opportunities with Land Trust of North Alabama for fun activities for the whole family.
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss announcements on fun + exciting events around Huntsville.