Just last week, Huntsville was named the top place to live in the U.S. by U.S. News and World Report. And those who live here know that the city was already growing exponentially even before the city received national accolades.
So how is this affecting the cost of living in Huntsville? Leadership Greater Huntsville will address that issue and more at a Community Conversation next month. Here is what you need to know:
When and where
The event is scheduled for Tuesday, June 28, from 11:30AM – 1PM at AdTran’s Fountain View Room, located at 902 Explorer Blvd NW, Huntsville, AL 35806.
Here is the schedule:
- 11:30AM. – Check In, Grab Lunch, Networking
- 11:45AM – Guest Speaker, Overall Housing Update
- 12:15PM – 1PM – Panel Discussion, Q&A
Get in on the conversation
Attendees of the event will hear from a group of local experts on how affordable housing is defined in our current real estate market, current plans for affordable housing in our community, the potential barriers to availability and more.
Here are some details on the event, which will be moderated by Dennis Madsen, Manager of Urban and Long-Range Planning for the City of Huntsville:
- Free for Legacy Level and Platinum Members
- $15 for Gold Members
- $30 for Community Guests
- Antonio McGinnis, Executive Director at Huntsville Housing Authority
- Sean Magers, Fair Housing and Affordability, Huntsville Area Association of Realtors
- Randall Stanley, Executive Director, North Alabama Coalition for the Homeless
To sign up, contact Katelyn Sides Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Hville Blast on Facebook and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss announcements on what’s happening in and around Huntsville.
You must be logged in to post a comment.