As we near the end of September, it’s time again for Hville Blast to reveal the eateries in town that made our honor roll for the month by scoring a 95 or above on their most recent Madison County Health Department health inspections.
As a public service, Hville Blast will report monthly Madison County Health Department restaurant scores, featuring those eateries that scored a 95 or better on their inspection (we excluded private eateries like school cafeterias).
Here’s who scored a 95 or better in September:
Lawler’s BBQ – 100
This particular Lawler’s BBQ location inspected in September is located at 11818 Hwy 231/431 North in Meridianville. Lawler’s is known throughout the Huntsville area for great barbecue and some pretty darn good ribs and sandwiches.
The Meridianville Lawler’s had a perfect health score for September.
Kim’s Diner – 98
Kim’s Diner is located at 2007 Memorial Parkway NW, and not only serves a fabulous breakfast, but also has delicious burgers, fries and sandwiches on the menu.
Little Rosie’s Taqueria – 96
Huntsvillians are well aware of how tasty the food at Little Rosie’s (4781 Whitesburg Dr.) is, and the Madison County Health Department verified also that in addition to serving delicious food, the restaurant maintains a stellar health rating.
Here’s who else made the honor roll in September
Several more local restaurants received a health score of 95 or above in September, including:
- Rena’s Homemade Butter Rolls – 100
- Safari’s Sports Lounge – 100
- Five Guys Burgers (Memorial Parkway) – 100
- Little Dipper Bakery and Café – 99
- Table 60 – 99
- The End Zone Bar & Grill – 99
- Teriyaki Madness – 98
- Taco Mama Jones Valley – 98
- Mason Dixon Bakery – 98
- Champy’s Chicken – 98
- Meridianville Pit BBQ – 98
- Daylight Donuts – 97
- Taqueria El Cazador – 97
- Supper Heroes – 97
- PJs Coffee of New Orleans – 97
- Batter Up Cake Bakery – 97
- Farm Burger – 97
- G & G Pizza- 97
- Mama G’s – 97
- Offbeat Coffee Studio – 96
- Sugar Daddy’s Barbecue – 96
- Zaxby’s (Carl T. Jones) – 96
- Mrs. Winners Chicken & Biscuits – 96
- Taco Mama Clift Farm – 95
- Angel’s Island Coffee – 95
- Jamo’s Café – 95
- New Orleans Lunch Box – 95
- Applebee’s (Memorial Parkway) – 95
- Choi’s Oriental – 95
- Grimaldi’s Pizza (Carl T. Jones) – 95
These food service inspections are invaluable and help keep us all safe. It is our right to know. Check the Madison County Health Department website for complete scores.
Want more info and updates on what’s happening in and around Huntsville? Follow Hville Blast on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
You must be logged in to post a comment.