Make Music Day is here, Huntsville! And there are plenty of places to celebrate the joy and beauty of making music — especially here in the Rocket City where musical talent abounds!
Make Music Day Huntsville is a collaboration between the Huntsville Music Office and Huntsville Hospital Music Therapy Program, This is a free, community-driven live music celebration with concerts in various spaces across the city.
Make Music Day 2023
Dozens of local amateur and professional musicians will perform publicly on Wednesday as part of Make Music Day in Huntsville. These performances will be spread throughout the city, at public venues and private businesses.
“Make Music Day is about inclusivity, which is key to building a successful music ecosystem. No matter what kind of music you make, there’s a stage for you.”Matt Mandrella, Huntsville Music Officer
Joining the fun will be firefighters from Huntsville Fire & Rescue, who will perform in a jam session at Fire Station 1 at 2110 Clinton Ave. starting at 2PM.
At 5:30PM, students from Maitland Conservatory will perform in Big Spring Park East as part of a student showcase. Other programming highlights in the park include Music X Movement and Vocal Aerobics, two music-themed workouts geared toward kids.
And there’s so much more.
A full slate of music
Check the official schedule for who is performing where!
Performances are scheduled at the following public venues:
- Big Spring Park East: 200 Church St. (5-8:30PM)
- Constitution Park: 109 Gates Ave. SE (2-2:30PM)
- Ditto Landing: 293 Ditto Landing Road SE (9-10AM)
- Downtown Huntsville Public Library: 915 Monroe St. (11AM to noon; 4:45-7:45PM.)
- Huntsville Botanical Garden: 4747 Bob Wallace Ave. (5-8PM)
- Huntsville Fire Station 1: 2110 Clinton Ave. SW (2-3PM; Huntsville firefighters jamming together)
- Huntsville/Madison County Chamber: 225 Church St. NW (9AM to 5PM)
- Johnson Legacy Center: 6000 Cecil Fain Drive (6-7:15PM)
- North Side Square: 109 North Side Square (12:30-1PM; 6-9PM)
Several private businesses are also participating:, including (but not limited to):
- Fret Shop
- Panera Bread
- Honest Coffee
- Jeff & Blues
- Huntsville Hospital (11 locations)
Performers and venues are asked to share Make Music Day Huntsville posts to social media with the hashtags #MakeMusicDay and #MakeMusicDayHSV. Photos and video can also be shared with the Huntsville Music Office through Facebook.