It’s almost Groundhog Day and there’s a celebration in Huntsville you can’t miss with a special guest Smith Lake Jake. Read on for the deets on Alabama’s groundhog and where you can see him in Huntsville.
Meet Smith Lake Jake
Groundhog Day is traditionally celebrated by the famous Punxsutawney Phil, but how could we let Pennsylvania have all the fun? Alabama has its own local groundhog who is ready to make spring predictions near Smith Lake.
Give Smith Lake Jake a follow:
Smith Lake Jake’s past predictions
In order to give you a view of what Jake may tell us, we’ve rounded up the last six years of predictions.
- 2016 prediction: Early spring
- 2017 prediction: Early spring
- 2018 prediction: Early spring
- 2019 prediction: Long winter
- 2020 prediction: Early spring
- 2021 prediction: Early spring
See Smith Lake Jake at Burritt on the Mountain, January 30
Looking for your opportunity to meet the groundhog of the hour? He will be making a debut at Burritt on the Mountain. You can expect a day of fun, complete with live music, hot cocoa, cookies and groundhog-themed crafts. Be sure to stick around to see if he’ll see his shadow.
- When: Saturday, January 30 | 2-3:30PM
- Where: Burritt on the Mountain | 3101 Burritt Dr SE, Huntsville, AL 35801
- $5 for members | $7 for non-mebers
- Tickets: You can buy tickets online before the event
Make your predictions now! Tag us on social @hvilleblast to let us know what you’ll be picking.
You must be logged in to post a comment.