Hooray for the weekend! This weekend in the Rocket City is packed full of events, including two huge festivals and some great live music events as well.
Whether you’re heading to the Monte Sano Art Festival, Whistlestop Festival or catching some free Jazz at the Orion, this weekend has plenty of events in store for you!
Festivals, Arts, Celebrations
With festivals, art shows and more, if you aren’t getting out and doing something this weekend, it’s not because there’s nothing to do! Check out what’s up in town this weekend:
- Friday Night Art Walk: Sept. 9, South Side Square, 5PM. Come walk around historic Downtown Huntsville, check out the art and artisan goods from over 30 local vendors.
- Whistlestop Weekend: Sept. 9-10, John Hunt Park, Fri. 4PM, Sat. 10AM. Enjoy community spirit, combined with great food, live music, good friends and a friendly BBQ competition.
- Monte Sano Arts Festival: Sept. 10-11, Monte Sano State Park, 9AM – 5PM. This annual event features the best local and regional artists representing an array of disciplines.
- Oktoberfest Celebration: Sept 10, Yellowhammer Brewing, 11AM. Join Yellowhammer Brewing all day and into the night, celebrating Oktoberfest with beer, cocktails, food trucks, contests and live music.
- Jay Mohr: Sept. 10, Stand Up Live, 7PM. Laugh along with comedian Jay Mohr, former SNL cast member also known for his roles in Jerry McGuire and Picture Perfect.
If you are into jazz music, this is a great weekend to be in Huntsville because there are two opportunities to catch some fantastic jazz artists perform live:
- Women in Jazz Festival: Sept. 9-10, Bob Harrison Center, 2PM. Come and celebrate this festival and enjoy some great music and great vibes!
- Concerts on the Dock w/John Onder and Sylvia Dean: Sept. 9, Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, 6PM. The Concerts on the Dock series is back with Startlingly Fresh Records artists John Oncer and Sylvia Dean.
- Awesome 80s Flashback: Sept. 10, Straight to Ale, 6:30PM. Wild Life in The Working Class will be playing your favorite awesome 80s/New Wave classics! Do you love The Talking Heads, Duran Duran, The Cars, INXS and more.
- Puddle of Mudd: Sept. 10, Shagnasty’s Grubbery & Pour House, 6:30PM. Multi-platinum artists Puddle of Mudd comes to Huntsville for an evening of pure rock and roll.
- Jazz in the Park: Sept. 11, Orion Amphitheater, 5PM. Enjoy a free concert featuring Matthew Whitaker and special guests Jeff Ryan and The Alabama Institute for the Deaf and Blind, hosted by Jonathan Slocumb.
Sports & Fitness
There are several opportunities to participate in some running and exercise events this weekend, as well as possibly learn a new sport. Here are some of the sports and fitness events scheduled for the weekend:
- Soggy Seals Triathlon: Sept. 10, Southeast Family YMCA, 7AM. Whether you’re competing or watching, these triathlons are exciting.
- Barre Above Training: Sept. 10, Whitesburg Baptist Church, 9:30AM. Want to Become Barre Certified? Register for our upcoming Barre Above training at Whitesburg Baptist Church (south campus) with Program Specialist, Jenn Hall!
- AUSA Military Tribute Night Softball Game: Sept. 10, Toyota Field, 6:30PM. Team USA Patriots will take on Team AUSA in a softball game that night, before the evening will conclude with fireworks and live music.
- Curling Lessons: Sept. 11, Huntsville Ice Sports Center, 4PM. Learn one of the fastest-growing sports in the country from Huntsville’s very own Rocket City Curling Club.
- Boston or Bust Marathon: Sept. 11, Ditto Landing, 7AM. This marathon, half marathon and 5K will be an extremely flat and fast course along Aldridge Creek and Tennessee River in South Huntsville.
Let us know what you are doing for fun this weekend? Let us know on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss announcements on what’s happening in and around Huntsville.
You must be logged in to post a comment.