Get ready, Huntsvillians! Opera Huntsville is about to present a classic opera production next month at the Von Braun Center Playhouse. This will be a fully-staged production of Béla Bartók’s brilliant one-act opera “Bluebeard’s Castle.”
Sound good? Well, here are some more details on the show, and how you can attend:
Showtimes and performances
Opera Huntsville’s performance is complete with a chamber orchestra led by Daniel Krenz and direction by Rebekah Alexander and David Ian Lee. For those of you unfamiliar with “Bluebeard’s Castle,” it is a a psychological thriller perfect for the Halloween season.
Huntsville favorite Terrence Brown will portray Bluebeard and mezzo Thea Lobo will make her Alabama debut as Judith. The story follows Judith as she explores the mysterious castle despite disturbing rumors.
The opera will be performed in Hungarian with English supertitles. All performances will be at The Playhouse at the Von Braun Center, located at 700 Monroe Street SW.
Showtimes are as follows:
- Friday, October 28 at 7:30PM (post-performance lecture at 8:45PM)
- Saturday, October 29 at 2PM (performed in English with piano accompaniment)
- Saturday, October 29 at 7:30PM
- Sunday, October 30 at 3PM
Tickets are $32.50 for general admission. Purchase tickets at the Opera Huntsville website.
Who is performing
The cast and crew of “Bluebeard’s Castle” includes:
- Terrance Brown, Bluebeard
- Thea Lobo, Judith
- David Kravitz, Bluebeard (cover)
- Shannon Rose, Judith (cover)
- Rebekah Alexander and David Ian Lee, Co-Directors
- Daniel Krenz, Music Director
- Shan Kennedy, Asst. Music Director
- Sierra Hammond, Production Manager
Follow Hville Blast on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss announcements on what’s happening in and around Huntsville.
You must be logged in to post a comment.