The last few days of the school year are upon us and parents can look toward planning summer activities for their kids. So, how about signing your kids up for swimming lessons?
Registration for summer swim lessons at the Huntsville Aquatics Center begins Tuesday, May 24, and extends through May 26. Read more to find out what all this entails.
What classes are offered
The Huntsville Aquatics Center is located at 2213 Drake Ave., Huntsville, AL, 35805.
At 90,000 square feet, the facility includes three large pools, restrooms, locker rooms, conference and hospitality space, offices, concession space, 264 parking spaces and a terrace overlooking the Brahan Spring Park lagoon. The facility hosts different activities such as swim lessons, lap swim, group exercise classes, swim meets, water polo and more.
Here are a few details about registration for summer swim classes:
- Classes will be held Tuesdays and Thursdays from May 31 to June 30. Every effort will be made to adhere to the class schedules.
- The cost is $75 for 10 classes. Registration must be completed in person.
- Classes require a swim evaluation before enrolling. Swim evaluations are not guaranteed during registration hours
The swim class schedule for the summer
Here is the schedule for the morning and afternoon classes at Huntsville Aquatics Center:
- Parent & Child Aquatics – 9:15 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
- Learn to Swim Level 1 – 9:45 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
- Preschool Aquatics Level 1 – 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- *Learn to Swim Level 2 – 10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Preschool Aquatics Level 1 – 1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Learn to Swim Level 1 – 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- *Preschool Aquatics Level 2 – 2:15 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
- *Learn to Swim Level 2 – 2:45 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- *Learn to Swim Level 3 – 3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- *Learn to Swim Level 4 – 4:15 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
- Adult Beginner – 6:10 p.m. – 6:55 p.m.