When I hear the word “spa,” I picture mud baths and cucumber masks and massages and mimosas. And if that is what you are looking for, then you may want to go somewhere other than Huntsvile’s recently opened The Covery.
Located at 2319 Memorial Pkwy SW Suite 115, Huntsville, AL 35801, The Covery opened this month and is already building a loyal client base and membership list. Here’s why…
What you’ll find at The Covery
I already mentioned some things you will not find at The Covery, but there is plenty that you will find in regard to wellness facilities and therapies.
Among the therapies offered at The Covery:
- Cryotherapy (extreme cold temperatures used for a variety of healing aspects)
- Red light therapy (treatment that uses low wavelength red light to promote healing in the skin and muscle tissue)
- Noramatec compression (a pneumatic compression system that increases blood flow and circulation)
- Infrared salt sauna (improves respiratory health, immunity, muscle tension and more.)
- Braintap (uses a headset with stimulating lights and a voice-guided meditation to produce deep sleep and relaxation)
- Biocharger (uses Pulsed Electromagnetic Fields to improve mental and physical wellness)
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (increases blood flow, reduces inflammation, increases mental clarity)
- IV therapy (feeding vitamins, minerals, and amino acids directly into the bloodstream)
- Body sculpting
One might think that these therapies are used for folks who are already in tip-top shape and just want an extra “boost.” That’s not the case, according to spa director DeAnn McCarver. She said the clientele at The Covery ranges from collegiate athletes to men and women in their 70s or 80s recovering from chronic illnesses or injuries.
“We offer different therapies and methods because everyone has different needs. Clinets want to reach a certain goal in ther lives and that looks different for everybody.”DeAnna McCarver, spa director, The Covery
Who runs The Covery?
The Covery is owned by Huntsville residents Jason and Anu Haynes, who have backgrounds in both business and healthcare. And the director of the center, McCarver, has worked in the healthcare industry for nearly two decades, most recently as an ER nurse.
The Covery is run by medical professionals who look at each client as more than just a “member” or a “customer,” but also a patient. And whether you need the thrapies offered for recovery, prevention or maintenance, Jason Haynes says a lot of work and research has gone into the services The Covery offers.
“The services we offer are thoroughly researched, state-of-the-art products that have numerous applications toward wellness, recovery, and aesthetics. The body is a complex mechanism. Physical and mental health are closely connected. We hope to make the journey toward better health a little easier and more enjoyable.”Jason Haynes, co-owner, The Covery
Become a member or just a casual visitor
While joining as a monthly member of The Covery is not a requirement to use the facility or take advantage of its services, membership does have its perks, as services are less expensive with membership. And membership packages range in price from $89 per month to more than $1,000 a month, depending on what kind of package you’re after.
To browse the different membership tiers and packages, and to find out more about The Covery’s services, visit their website.