Let’s catch up, Huntsville.
As always, a lot happened in the Rocket City last week—but don’t worry if you missed it. We’ve got you covered with the top stories from last week. Let’s take a look.
The new spots:
- Birmingham-based City Bowls is coming to Huntsville by way of Hays Farm, bringing their acai, pitaya and green bowls to us by the end of 2023.
- Loco Taco, a fast-casual Mexican concept by the owners of Rock n’ Roll Sushi, is coming to Hays Farm by the end of 2023 as well.
- A favorite of Madison residents, Tom Brown’s is opening their second location in Huntsville at Hays Farm. They’re expecting to open in the next couple of month.
- Did you know that you can stay at Piper + Leaf’s tea factory?
- This “geodesic dome-home” is sure to be a memorable stay.
- Want to geek out? The “256 Nerd Nest” is decked out with everything from NASA to Nintendo.
- The 100-year-old Cottage at Winchester Manor is like staying in a fairytale.
- In downtown New Market, you’ll find a renovated paint shop that makes for the cutest Airbnb.
- A place called “Dream Land” has to be good to live up to its name.
- The teeny-tiny A-frame called Casa Bohemia is perfect for a glamping trip.
- This earthen home is rich in its history and unique in its architecture.
- The Haven Treehouse is perfect for an unplugged getaway, and located just a short drive from Huntsville.
What’s happening: Plans are set for Phase 2 of Huntsville’s residential street repaving plan. This phase involves repaving 51 neighborhood streets all over the Rocket City in the next 10 months.
Why it’s important: Mayor Tommy Battle’s 2022-2023 budget includes about $19.5 million for street improvements – the most money ever allocated for residential resurfacing. Wiregrass Construction Company won the $5.1 million contract to improve these 51 neighborhood streets as a part of Phase 2.
The upcoming brunches:
- La Esquina: Sunday, April 9, 10AM-2PM, call (256)858-1026 to reserve
- Rhythm on Monroe: Sunday, April 9, 11AM-3PM, visit their website or call (256)551-2311 to reserve
- Revivalist: Sunday, April 9, 7AM-2PM, make reservations here
- Grille on Main: Sunday, April 9, 10AM-3PM, call (256)829-5858 to reserve
- Kona Grill: Saturday, April 8 and Sunday, April 9, make reservations here
What’s happening: The Kaetterhenry family moved to Huntsville recently and took over ownership of Great Harvest Bread Company. After months of hard work revitalizing the bakery and cafe, they’re ready for the grand reopening, where you’ll be able to grab free goodies and support local non-profits.
- Location: 933 Bob Wallace Ave SW Suite 215, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: Monday-Friday 7AM-3PM, Saturday 10AM-3PM, closed Sunday
- Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Grand re-opening: Monday, April 10-Saturday, April 15 (supporting a different non-profit each day)
Want updates like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up for our newsletter today.