The University of Alabama in Huntsville hosted the annual University Awards for Excellence ceremony April 21 to recognize the achievements of the university’s faculty, staff members and researchers.
The university gave out 15 awards to faculty and staff at the event, with award recipients applauded for their outstanding abilities, dedication and innovation in being selected for these honors.
Here’s who won the 2022 University Awards for Excellence
UAH Interim President, Dr. Charles L. Karr, congratulated the honorees, while the awards were presented by Interim Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs, Dr. Robert Lindquist.
Here are the winners:
- 2022 Facilities Excellence Award: Candi DeBardelaben, Manager, Facilities and Operations Administrative Services
- 2022 Staff Excellence Award (Exempt): Wendy Worlund, Manager, Client Services, Office of Information Technology
- 2022 Staff Excellence Award (Non-exempt): Pamela Redding, Client Services, Senior Staff Assistant, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- 2022 Staff Leadership Excellence Award: Teresa Shurtz, Research Budget Director, Office of Research and Economic Development
- 2022 Graduate Advisor Award: Janiece Smith, Program Manager, Graduate Admissions & Advising, College of Nursing
- 2022 Graduate Mentor Award: Dr. Matthew Niemiller, Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences, College of Science
- 2022 Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity Mentor Award: Dr. Nathan Tenhundfeld, Assistant Professor of Psychology, College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- 2022 College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences Outstanding Faculty Member: Dr. Andrei Gandila, Associate Professor of History, College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- 2022 College of Business Outstanding Faculty Member: Dr. Qingyun (Serena) Zhu, Assistant Professor of Management Science, College of Business
- 2022 College of Education Outstanding Faculty Member: Dr. Kimberly Hile, Assistant Professor of Curriculum & Instruction, College of Education
- 2022 College of Engineering Outstanding Faculty Member: Dr. Biswajit Ray, Assistant Professor of Electrical & Computer Engineering, College of Engineering
- 2022 College of Nursing Outstanding Faculty Member: Tammy Clemmons, Clinical Instructor, College of Nursing
- 2022 College of Science Outstanding Faculty Member: Dr. Lingze Duan, Professor of Physics & Astronomy, College of Science
- 2022 University Distinguished Teaching Award: Dr. K. Denise Kendall Niemiller, Lecturer of Biological Sciences, College of Science
- 2022 University Distinguished Research and Creative Achievement and Scholarly Performance Award: Kathleen Baldwin, Associate Professor of Art, Art History, & Design, College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
Well-deserved honors for UAH employees
The 15 honorees represented multiple departments within the university, and for the first time since 2019 the award recipients were able to receive their awards in person, as the previous two award ceremonies were virtual due to the pandemic.
“We are excited and honored to recognize these faculty and staff members for their outstanding contributions to The University of Alabama in Huntsville. The University Awards for Excellence is a chance for us to highlight our exceptional staff and faculty for what they have accomplished to support our institution. It is a privilege to recognize their significant achievements and to thank them for the pride they take in making UAH such a special place to work and teach.”UAH Interim Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs, Dr. Robert Lindquist
Follow Hville Blast on Facebook and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss announcements on what’s happening in and around Huntsville.
You must be logged in to post a comment.