Ready for another fun weekend in the Rocket City? So are we! With school right around the corner, we’ve rounded up some of Huntsville’s best weekend events so you can make the most of the last bit of summer.
Do you have an event you want to share with the community? Submit it here to put it on our calendar!
Check out these 15 things going on in the Huntsville area this weekend if you need some ideas for what to do:
With ’60s, ’70s and ’80s tunes on the docket, there’s music for all ages in Huntsville this weekend.
- Tim Cannon: July 28, Stella’s Elixir Lounge, 5PM-8PM. Hear Tim play all your favorite songs with true, Muscle Shoals grit.
- The Flashbacks: July 28, The Princess Theater, 7PM. Listen to the hits from the ’60s and ’70s while benefiting two great causes: the Arc of Morgan County and Decatur’s public school special education teachers.
- Niko Moon with Vincent Mason: July 28, Von Braun Center, 8PM. Need your country music fix? Look no further.
- Widespread Panic: July 27-30, The Orion Amphitheater, 7:30PM. On for three nights in a row at The Orion, don’t miss the musical stylings of this iconic Southern rock band.
- Wild Life in the Working Class: July 29, Innerspace Brewing Company, 9PM-1AM. Celebrate Tammie’s 60th birthday with a blast from the past! Bust out the hair spray and your best 80s attire for this birthday bash at Interspace Brewing Company.
The arts, tours + markets
Comedy, cooking, “cruises” and more! We found our favorite activities for art lovers, bibliophiles and beer fanatics.
- Samuel J. Comroe at Stand Up Live: July 28-29, Stand Up Live, Fri. 7:30PM and 9:15PM, Sat. 6:30PM and 8:45PM. Come see this “America’s Got Talent” 4th place finalist and winner of the Ricky Gervais’ Comedy Competition. This show is restricted for ages 19+.
- Huntsville Brews Cruise: July 28, 2610 Clinton Ave W Huntsville, AL 35805, 4PM. Not an actual cruise, but better! Sign up for a Huntsville Brews Cruise to explore the town’s local brewery scene.
- Back to School Bash: July 29, Jaycee Community Building, 2180 Airport Road, 10AM-4PM. Have extra school supplies? Donate it at this free event. Let the kids enjoy the inflatable waterslide and principal dunk tanks, too.
- “Fire Becomes Her” Art Exhibition: July 29, UAH Lowe Mill A+E Project Space, 5PM-7PM. For our art lovers, celebrate the opening of Ace Lemley’s exhibition, “Fire Becomes Her,” which will be on display through September 27.
- Cooking Live with Chef Lauren: July 30, The Camp at MidCity, 12:30PM. Learn how to cook up some Caribbean cuisine at this free, family friendly and pet friendly event.
- Book Signing: July 29, Space and Rocket Center, 10AM. You read about this former astronaut, Dr. Jan Davis, on our site earlier today. Make sure to stop by the Space and Rocket Center to have her sign your copy of her book Air Born: Two Generations in Flight.
Sports + fitness
Baseball season is wrapping up and football is (finally!) right around the corner.
- Tennessee Smokies at The Rocket City Trash Pandas: July 27-30, Toyota Field, Thurs.-Sat. at 6:35PM, Sun. at 4:05PM. We already know we’ll see you there.
- Sunset Paddle Boarding: July 28, Forrest Stand Up Paddling, 6PM-8PM. Challenge yourself with an activity that works your body and gets you out in nature.
- Freedom Cowboys Youth Football Camp: July 29, Cowboys Practice Field, 10AM-12PM. Former Auburn running back Kyle Collins will help coach this clinic for boys ages 8-12 interested in learning the fundamentals of football.
- Stretch45: July 30, Lincoln Mill, 6AM: This one’s for all you early birds. Join Light on Yoga Fitness and Three15 Studio for the conclusion of their Summer Sunrise Series.