It’s not too early to start planning your fall calendar — after all, school has started for the kids and football season is right around the corner — and the Huntsville Parks & Recreation department has a ton of activities you can get involved with over the next few months.
Best of all, these are FREE activities! Check this out:
Huntsville Parks & Recreation’s Fall Program Guide
Huntsville Parks & Recreation produced a Fall Program Guide, filled with activities, events and programs for every interest, age and ability. The guide includes 100 free activities ranging from fitness and sports to arts and crafts.
“We offer so much more than many people realize. This is a great opportunity to try something new!”Dorianne Johnson, Recreation Superintendent of Community Services
The activities are divided into several subcategories:
- Parks & playgrounds (more than 50 across the city)
- Health & wellness (walking groups, yoga classes, youth running clinics and more)
- Arts & crafts (including art classes, dance classes and calligraphy)
- Athletics (men’s and women’s basketball leagues, pickleball, volleyball and more)
- Aquatics (water safety classes, water exercise classes, lap swimming , etc.)
- Special populations (activities for those with special needs, such as wheelchair sports and adaptive soccer)
- Fall programs (after school camps, fall festivals and more)
- Outdoor activities (including mountain bike rides, geocaching and fly fishing)
- Free events (concerts, parties and family fun)
So how do you get involved in these awesome free fall activities? That’s easy. Download the Fall Program Guide and find the activites you want to try and the guide points you in the right direction.
Also, follow the department on Facebook and Instagram for the latest information on these programs and activities.
So what are you planning to do this fall? Let us know on Facebook and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss announcements on what’s happening in and around Huntsville.
You must be logged in to post a comment.