The St. Patrick’s Day celebrations in Huntsville are getting underway early with a full slate of events beginning tomorrow, March 12. Read on for an overview of all the parties you need to know about.
1. Kegs & Eggs @ Straight to Ale
Fuel up for a full day of St. Patrick’s Day celebrations at Straight to Ale. Menu items include:
- biscuits + gravy
- hash browns
- sausage patties
- scrambled eggs
Seasonal beer + drink specials will also be available.
2. St. Patrick’s Day Parade
We’ve got all the details about Huntsville’s first St. Paddy’s parade since 2019.
But, what about snow? Huntsville is expected to receive 1-3 inches of wintry precipitation between 9PM tonight and 9AM tomorrow. According to a Facebook post by the parade organizers, the parade is still on. The final decision will be made after assessing road conditions at 8AM tomorrow morning. However, cold weather alone will not cancel the parade.
For more updates, follow Huntsville St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Facebook.
Time: March 12, 11AM
Location: Downtown Huntsville
3. Parade After Party @ Straight to Ale
Road conditions should be clear in time for the Parade After Party at Straight to Ale. Entertainment includes:
- Biergarten: Huntsville Fire Department Bagpipers
- Speakeasy: The Whiskey River Kings + The Pine Hill Haints
There will also be a Makers and Creators Market to visit.
4. Paddy’s Pub @ Innerspace
From Saturday-Thursday, Innerspace Brewing will be transformed into a “proper Irish establishment,” complete with a transformed menu and specialty beers.
5. Paddy’s @ The Poppy & Parliament
Huntsville’s favorite English pub is honoring their neighbor to the west with an all-day St. Patrick’s party. Get the restaurant’s signature fish + chips and Irish-style suckling pig from 11AM-8PM, but come early and stay late to party all day.
6. St. Patrick’s Day Celebration @ Miller’s Tavern
Head to Miller’s Tavern downtown to watch the parade, and stay all day for giveaways + food and drink specials. Drink specials include:
- $1 green beer
- $3 Irish breakfast shot
- $4 Jameson
- $5 Irish Car Bombs
7. St. Patrick’s Party @ Humphrey’s
Humphrey’s has lined up a full day of music, drink specials and more to celebrate St. Pat’s. Here’s the entertainment lineup:
- 8AM-11AM: Pat Jamar
- 11AM-2PM: Aaron Stapler
- 3PM-6PM: Andy Lyle Hall
- 6PM-9PM: Trick Zipper Duo
- 9PM-12:30: Groove
Humphrey’s will also be offering green beer, a traditional Irish menu + other drink specials.
8. Kegs n’ Eggs @ Shagnasty’s
Why just watch the parade when you can party through it? At Shagnasty’s you’ll get just that opportunity. Show up early to load onto the party bus, which leaves Shagnasty’s to head downtown at 10:15. Here’s a schedule for the party, hosted by Rocket 95.1:
- 6AM: $5 breakfast plates
- 8AM-10AM: Shea Fox live
- 10:15AM: Party bus leaves + joins the parade
- 1PM: Bus returns to Shagnasty’s + $10 lunch begins
Lunch is a choice between bangers + mash or corned beef + cabbage. There’s also live music from 2PM-1AM.
9. St. Patrick’s Day @ The Dragon
Dragon’s Forge Cafe will host harpist Steven Todd Miller from 11AM-3PM on St. Patrick’s day. They’ll also have themed drink specials in addition to their normal menu. Specials include:
- Blarney Shake: Green mint with vanilla ice cream, topped with whipped cram + festive sprinkles
- Chocolate Stout Cake: Chocolate cake with Guinness, topped with vanilla buttercream + sprinkles
- Leprechaun Latte: Green mint + white chocolate latte topped with whipped cream + sprinkles; get it hot or iced
- The Traveler: Pastrami, Swiss cheese + house-made balsamic onion mushroom jam on whole grain bread
- Traditional Meat Hand Pie: Red wine-braised ground Wagyu with mushroom, onion, rosemary + herbs in a flaky crust
Time: March, 17, 11AM-7PM
Location: 2211 Seminole Dr SW Studio 2073, Huntsville, AL 35805
10. St. Patrick’s Day @ The Camp
Visit The Camp on St. Patrick’s Day for a family-friendly, pet-friendly celebration. Live music from Buck’d Up starts at 7PM, and specials include:
- $3 Guinness + green jello shots
- $5 green beer
- $5 shamrock shooters (Irish whiskey, melon liquor, Irish cream liquor)
- $8 Irish car bombs
- $8 Irish coffee
- $15 McClawdaddy (green, shimmering version of the Clawdaddy cocktail)
11. Run Lucky Fun Run
Fleet Feet Huntsville’s Run Lucky Fun Run will start at 6PM. Participants in the virtual race can choose between a 5K, 10K or 13.1 mile race. Then, celebrate with green beer at Fleet Feet in Huntsville.
Want updates like this delivered directly to your inbox? Sign up for the Hville Blast newsletter to make sure you don’t miss a thing.