We have almost made it through another week, fellow Huntsvillians. And luckily for us, there are plenty of cool events in Huntsville happening all weekend to keep us entertained over the next few days.
In addition to several of Huntsville’s awesome Mardi Gras celebrations this weekend, the Rocket City has a ton going on — from college basketball to live music and more — so here are some of the events happening in and around Huntsville this weekend:Read more: Riverdance, basketball + 13 more cool events in Huntsville this weekend
From local artists to international touring bands, there’s plenty of live music to catch this weekend in Huntsville. Check out these shows:
- Fab Four – The Ultimate Tribute: Feb. 3, Mars Music Hall, 8PM. Rock and roll to this California-based tribute band paying homage to The Beatles.
- Crosby Cash: Feb 4, Stovehouse, 6PM. Crosby Cash’s vocals will set you in a trance, with her smooth sounds influenced by Amy Winehouse, Adele, Sam Smith, Corinne Bailey Rae, Etta James and more.
- Flogging Molly: Feb. 4, Mars Music Hall, 8PM. This Celtic-influenced punk bank puts on an amazing show!
- Nash Hamilton & The Creek House Orchestra: Feb. 4, Fractal Brewing, 7PM. Nash Hamilton is a Nashville based singer songwriter backed by his ultra-talented band, the Creek House Orchestra.
- 5 O’Clock Charlie: Feb. 5, Shagnasty’s Grubbery & Pour House, 6PM. Catch the high energy of 5 O’Clock Charlie as they rock Shagnasty’s!
Shows, Exhibits, + a Rodeo!
Dance shows, comedy, a rodeo and more cool events in Huntsville this weekend are just waiting for you to show up! Catch these events in town:
- Riverdance: Feb. 3-5, Von Braun Center, Fri. 8PM, Sat. 2PM & 8PM, Sun. 1PM & 6PM. Riverdance 25th Anniversary Show is a powerful and stirring reinvention of this beloved favorite, celebrated the world over for its Grammy Award-winning score and the thrilling energy and passion of its Irish and international dance.
- Midwest Invitational Black Rodeo: Feb. 4, Alabama A&M Agribition, 1PM. This is a full scale professional rodeo, all the excitement of bull riding, tie down calf roping, ladies barrel racing, junior barrel races and junior breakaway ropers among other events!
- Open Studio Night: Feb. 5, Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, 5PM. 200+ working artists and makers will be on hand at Lowe Mill. Always something cool to find there.
- Gala Art Exhibition: Starts Feb. 4, Huntsville Museum of Art, 10AM. The Gala Art Exhibition presents over 100 artworks in a range of media and styles, to be auctioned to the highest bidder during the annual Gala event. This year’s featured artist is Lesley Powell.
- Brad Upton: Feb. 5, Stand Up Live, 8PM. Don’t miss the stand-up comedy of comedy veteran Brad Upton, who’s humor appeals to people of all ages and backgrounds.
Sports + Fitness
If you like basketball, this is a great weekend in the Rocket City because the UAH men’s and women’s teams have home games this weekend, and Alabama A&M’s men’s and women’s teams play at home this weekend. Oh yeah, and there are a couple of hockey games this weekend as well!
- Huntsville Havoc Hockey: Feb. 3-4, Propst Arena, 7PM. The Havoc will have two home games this weekend – Friday night against Macon and Saturday night against Birmingham.
- UAH Basketball: Feb. 4, Kelly Court at Spragins Hall, women’s game at 2PM. Men’s game at 4PM. The Chargers’ men’s and women’s teams are at home playing Mississi College.
- Alabama A&M Basketball: Feb. 4, Alabama A&M Event Center, women’s game at 3PM, men’s game at 5PM. AAMU’s men’s and women’s teams take on Southern University.
- Simply Saturday Yoga w/Mi-Thai-Mmm: Feb. 4, Dr. Robert Shurney Legacy Center, 12PM. Get focused, get balanced and get healthy with this yoga class for all skill levels.
- Run for the Beads Mardi Gras 5K: Feb. 4, Cajun Steamer (start), 8AM. This 5K through Downtown Huntsville and Twickenham starts and ends at the Cajun Steamer (of course).