Folks, we are already in the second weekend in October, and there is so much going on in and around Huntsville these days! Whether you’re looking for live music (we have plenty of that), markets or festivals, you’ll find something worth getting out for this weekend.
Here’s a glimpse of some of the events in Huntsville this weekend:Read more
Huntsville Music Month may be over, but that doesn’t mean a lack of live music events in Huntsville! Check out who is playing in the Huntsville area this weekend:
- Taylor Hicks; Oct. 7, Princess Theater, 7PM. American Idol winner and Alabama native Taylor Hicks plays the Princess Theater Friday night.
- Concerts on the Dock w/ Aunt Sofonda, The Orbits: Oct. 7, Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, 6PM. Concerts on the Dock at Lowe Mill continues with another free concert!
- Little Feat: Oct. 8, Mark C. Smith Concert Hall, 7PM. Music legends Little Feat make a stop in Huntsville on their Waiting for Columbus Tour.
- Chris Garrison & the Blackbirds: Oct. 8, Stovehouse, 7PM. A free show at Stovehouse featuring a rocking performance by Chris Garrison & the Blackbirds.
- Jazz in the Park w/Ragan Whiteside: Oct. 9, Big Spring Park, 5PM. Join Ragan Whiteside for a free concert at Big Spring Park!
Festivals, Markets, Arts
There are several fun festivals and arts events happening in the Rocket City this weekend, with a little something for everyone to en joy. HEre are a few of those events:
- Gem & Jewelry Show: Oct. 7-9, Jaycee Community Building, 10AM-6PM. This is a great weekend-long event for enthusiasts of gems and minerals.
- Rocket City Pride Fest: Oct. 8, Orion Amphitheater, 11AM – 6PM. This free, family-friendly event celebrating the LGBTQIA+ community of North Alabama will feature special guest performer Eureka O’Hara.
- Oktoberfest at the Camp: Oct. 8, The Camp at MidCity, 12PM – 10PM. Starting at noon and running till 10PM, enjoy food, beer, live music and more at The Camp!
- Village of Providence Artisans & Farmers Market: Oct. 8, Village of Providence, 8AM. Fresh produce, flowers, arts and crafts and more are here at this awesome farmers market!
- CASC Huntsville Gun Show: Oct. 8-9, Von Braun Center, 9AM. This Huntsville gun show is held at Von Braun Civic Center and hosted by Collectors and Shooters Company. All federal and local firearm laws and ordinances must be obeyed.
Sports + Fitness
Get out and take in some sporting events in Huntsville this weekend! And that may involve you actually participating in the sport, or just being a spectator cheering on the athletes. Either way, we have you covered:
- Alabama A&M vs Grambling State: Oct. 8, Louis Crews Stadium, 1PM. Cheer on the Bulldogs as they take on Grambling State at home!
- Fleet Feet Monte Sano 15K: Oct. 8, Monte Sano UMC, 7:30AM. The course begins at the Monte Sano United Methodist Church and runs on the adjoining neighborhood streets.
- UAH Volleyball: Oct. 8, Spragins Hall, UAH, 2PM. Cheer on the Chargers as the volleyball team takes on Union!
- Rocket City Invitational: Oct. 8, Event Center, 9AM. This martial arts competition includes the state’s best in the sport.
- Under the Lights Cross Country Festival: Oct. 9, Palmer Park, 6PM. This is a special cross country meet under the lights, hosted by James Clemens High School.
What are you getting into this weekend? Let us know on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss announcements on what’s happening in and around Huntsville.