Looking for something to do this weekend in Huntsville? Well, you’re in “luck” — so to speak — because there are plenty of events to enjoy in and around the Rocket City!
From the St. Patrick’s Day Parade (and more St. Paddy’s events) to some Huntsville Havoc hockey, you’re sure to find something fun to do this weekend in and around Huntsville:Read more: 15 cool events to check out this weekend in Huntsville
Get out and enjoy some live music this weekend in the Rocket City! There’s a lot to choose from!
- Tim Tucker: March 10, Stovehouse, 6:30 PM. Check out veteran singer/songwriter Tim Tucker, who has shared the stage with legendary performers such as the Drive-By Truckers, Drivin’ & Cryin’ and more!
- Jim Parker’s Songwriters Series: March 10, Von Braun Center Playhouse, 8:30PM. Here from songwriters Danny Wells, Bobby Tomberlin and Tess Frizzell in this cool series.
- Moe: March 10, Mars Music Hall, 7:30PM. This jam band has been touring for decades and they’re still going strong!
- Eric Rhodes Band: March 11, Furniture Factory in Providence, 8:30PM. Catch singer/songwriter Eric Rhodes take the stage at the Town of Providence’s Furniture Factory location!
- Microwave Dave: March 12, Humphrey’s Bar & Grill, 11AM-2PM. Enjoy “Brunch & Blues” with Huntsville music legend Microwave Dave!
St. Patrick’s Day events + more
Downtown Huntsville will be covered in green it seems this Saturday, with the annual St. Patrick’s Day parade happening early in the day, and more celebrations to follow throughout the day. But that’s not all that’s happening this weekend in Huntsville:
- Big Ol’ Ballpark Fair: March 10-19, Toyota Field, Fri. 4PM, Sat-Sun 1PM. This cool event is going all all weekend and all week next week, featuring more than 30 rides and a bevy of local entertainment for everyone!
- Inspire Regional Dance Competition: March 10-12, Mark C. Smith Concert Hall, 10AM. Enjoy this incredible, family-friendly, professional and organized regional dance competition!
- Huntsville St. Patrick’s Day Parade: March 11, Downtown Huntsville, 11AM. The Annual Ellen McAnelly Memorial St. Patrick’s Day Parade is back and is a fun event for the whole family!
- Yellowhammer Brewing St. Patrick’s Celebration: March 11, Yellowhammer Brewing, 12PM to 8PM. This fun Irish celebration will have Celtic beers, live music, new merch, giveaways and more
- The Market at MidCity: March 12, MidCity, 12PM-4PM. Browse through the wares of local makers and eat from local food trucks while enjoying the atmosphere of MidCity!
Sports + Fitness
If you haven’t been to a hockey game this year, you’re about to run out of time because the season will come to a close soon. Luckily, there are two chances to catch the Havoc this weekend:
- Huntsville Havoc Hockey: March 10-11, Propst Arena, 7PM. The Havoc will have two home games this weekend against Roanoke!
- UAH Baseball vs. West Florida: March 10-11, Charger Park, Fri. 5PM, Sat. (doubleheader) 1PM. Cheer on the Chargers baseball team as they play three games at Charger Park this weekend!
- UAH Softball: March 10-11, Charger Park, Fri. 4PM, Sat, 12PM. Like the UAH baseball team, the Charger softball team will take on West Florida for three games this weekend!
- Wild Irish Run: March 11, Guntersville Recreation Center, 7AM. There’s a 10K race and a 5K race Saturday. This race has earned the reputation of being one of the oldest 10K races in Alabama and has been chosen as an Alabama Top Ten Event in past years
- Autograph Event: March 11-12, Parkway Place Mall, Sat. 1PM, Sun, 3PM. On hand to sign autographs are sports legends Bo Jackson, Derrick Henry, Cornelius Bennett, Bobby Humphrey, Mark Ingram and more!