For many folks, this coming weekend is a long weekend, with the Memorial Day holiday (check out our Memorial Day observation guide for specific events) and that gives y’all plenty of time to get into some of these exciting weekend events in the Huntsville area!
Here are some cool things to consider:
There are a couple of music festivals happening this weekend, and some cool local shows around town. Here are a few:
- Concerts on the Dock: May 26, Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, 6PM. Check out Marcus Pope & Friends at the free Concerts on the Dock series at Lowe Mill.
- Old School Blues Festival: May 27, Huntsville Dragway, 11AM. This is an awesome event featuring King George, 8 Ball & MJG and more!
- Bob & the Redbeards: May 27, Stovehouse, 7PM. Don’t miss this powerhouse 4-piece on the main food garden stage at Stovehouse.
- Prevailing Winds Flute Ensemble: May 28, Huntsville Museum of Art, 2PM. Prevailing Winds is a community flute choir from the Huntsville-Madison-TN-Valley area and will perform live Sunday at the Huntsville Museum of Art!
- Jams & Brews: May 28, Jeff & Blues, 1PM-5PM. Enjoy some tasty craft brews while seeing live local music from Silver Solos, Drop River and Camacho.
Sports + Fitness
The sports fan in the Rocket City has plenty to do this weekend, between the Trash Pandas, Huntsville City FC and free fitness classes at Big Spring Park! Check these out:
- Trash Pandas vs. Lookouts: May 26-28, Toyota Field, 6:30PM. Cheer on the Trash Pandas as they close out their homestand with three games this weekend against Chattanooga.
- Huntsville City FC vs New York Red Bulls: May 26, Joe Davis Stadium, 7PM. Come out to The Joe and support your new pro soccer team!
- RunningLane Track Championships: May 26, Milton Frank Stadium, TBA. Some great competition at this track meet this weekend!
- Fitness in the Park: May 27, Big Spring Park, 9AM. Catch this free fitness class hosted by Zumba with Angie!
- Yoga by the River: May 27, 8AM, Hays Nature Preserve. Enjoy a relaxing, yet energizing hour of yoga next to the gently flowing waters of the Flint River in Hays Nature Preserve
Shows, Markets, Festivals
Whether you are looking for something to do with your whole family, or something for the adults, you can find a bevy of events in the Huntsville area to get into this weekend:
- Fridays After Five: May 26, Downtown Athens, 5PM. Enjoy extended shopping hours, live music and food trucks in a fabulous outdoor setting.
- Michael Longfellow: May 26-27, Stand Up Live, 6PM. Catch the hilarious standup comedy of Michael Longfellow live and in person. Great show!
- Butterfly Release: May 27, Huntsville Botanical Garden, 10AM. Guests of all ages will enjoy sharing in the magic of safely releasing live butterflies into the Purdy Butterfly House.
- Lowe Mill Outdoor Market: May 27, Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, 11AM-4PM. So many awesome vendors peddling their wares at the Lowe Mill Outdoor Market!
- Ardmore Food Truck Saturday: May 27, Jones Drug Parking Lot, 11AM-3PM. Some awesome food trucks will be in the town center in Ardmore this Saturday.
Get in the know, Huntville! Follow Hville Blast on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
You must be logged in to post a comment.