Although Huntsville is getting some bad weather today, this weekend looks like its going to be clear and sunny for the most part, so why not get out and enjoy some of the fun events in Huntsville this weekend?
Check out what’s happening:Read more
One reason to get out and about this weekend in Huntsville is to enjoy some of the cool live music happening in and around town. Huntsville has great live music venues and there’s always something to see and hear, such as:
- Jackson Cannon: Feb. 17, Stovehouse, 6PM. With such a diverse set of influences such as Ricky Skaggs, Van Halen, and Luke Combs, Jackson was able to create an interesting sound that combines forms of music that usually stands alone.
- The Silver Silos: Feb. 17, Open Bottle, 8PM. Check out the sounds of North Alabama musicians The Silver Silos in a great atmosphere at The Open Bottle in Madison.
- Dawn Osborne Band: Feb. 18, Mad Malts, 4PM. The Mad Malts Mardi Gras celebration includes the tunes of The Dawn Osborne Band. Don’t miss one of the best Mardi Gras parties in town!
- Ledfoot: Feb. 18, Shagnasty’s Grubbery & Pour House, 9PM. Back with more stellar performances from seasoned Huntsville musicians, Shagnasty’s Sunday Rocks series brings you Ledfoot this Saturday!
- Brass Brunch with Soul Brass Band: Feb. 19, The Camp, 2PM. Celebrate Mardi Gras at The Camp and enjoy some good ol’ brass band music in the process!
Theater, Classes, Fun
Between The Best of Huntsville Ballet and “Tootsie,” there’s already a pretty awesome lineup for events in Huntsville this weekend. Check these out:
- The Best of Huntsville Ballet: Feb. 17-19, Dream Theater, Fri. 7:30PM, Sat. 2PM & 7:30PM, Sun. 3PM. Huntsville Ballet Company showcases highlights from this season’s performances!
- Tootsie: Feb. 17-19, Mark C. Smith Concert Hall, Fri. 8PM, Sat. 2PM, 8PM, Sun. 1PM, 6PM. The beloved 1980s comedy film has been brough to the stage with a comedy musical you’ll love!
- Songwriters Workshop: Feb. 18, Fractal Brewing Project, 9AM to 3PM. Join Nashville Hall of Fame songwriter Jim McBride and Jim Parker in this small group workshop.
- Carlos Mencia: Feb. 18, Stand Up Live, 6:30 PM, 8:45PM. Catch the hilarious stand up comedy of veteran comedian Carlos Mencia at Stand Up Live in Huntsville!
- Black History Enrichment and Enlightenment Festival: Feb. 18, Trinity United Methodist Church, 1PM. The purpose of the Festival is to bring culture awareness and understanding of the African American culture to youth and the community.
Sports + Fitness
This weekend’s events in Huntsville includes some fantastic sports opportunities. Whether you’re looking to participate or spectate, we have you covered:
- UAH Baseball: Feb. 18-19, Charger Park, Sat. 2PM (doubleheader), Sun. 1PM. Get out to Charher Park on the UAH campus and cheer on the Chargers baseball team as they host Lee University.
- UAH Softball: Feb. 18-19, Charger Park. The UAH softball team is in town as well, so there’s just no reason not to head out to Charger Park to watch some college softball!
- Alabama A&M Basketball: Feb. 18, AAMU Event Center, 3PM. Both the AAMU men’s and women’s basketball teams are at home this weekend hosting Bethune-Cookman, so go watch the Bulldogs hot the court!
- Free Baseball & Softball Clinic: Feb. 18, New MArket Recreation Center, 9AM-3PM. New Market Recreation Center is hosting a free baseball and softball clinic for ages 4-12.
- Huntsville Havoc vs. Fayetteville Marksmen: Feb. 19. Propst Arena, 5PM. Your Huntsville Havoc will be at home Sunday at Propst Arena for a game against Fayetteville!
Want more info and updates on what’s happening in and around Huntsville? Follow Hville Blast on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
You must be logged in to post a comment.