Okay, Huntsville it’s time to start making weekend plans (if you have not already) and Hville Blast is here to help you with those plans. There’s plenty to do in and around town, so if you end up doing nothing, it’s not because there’s nothing to do!
Here are some fun events to check out in Huntsville this weekend:Read more: 15 fun events to check out in Huntsville this weekend
Not only is a hometown girl-made-good plying this weekend (Jessie Murph), but we have a top R&B artist, a Van Halen tribute band and more. Musically, there are a bunch of fun events to check out in Huntsville this weekend:
- Jessie Murph: April 7, Mars Music Hall, 8PM. Catch Huntsville-raised alternative/pop artist Jessie Murph live at Mars Music Hall!
- 84 – A Tribute to Van Halen: April 7, Furniture Factory, 8PM. Come out and rock to the classic sounds of Van Halen, performed by one of the best tribute bands around!
- Anthony Hamilton: April 8, Orion Amphitheater, 7PM. One of the greats in today’s R&B and soul music scene, this should be a fantastic show at the Orion!
- Blind the Sky: April 8 Stovehouse, 7PM. Blind The Sky is a two-piece rock band that includes guitar, bass and vocals – both musicians run their instruments through synth pedals to create a full band experience!
- Josh & Newt: April 8, Green Bus Brewing, 7PM. Grab a tasty craft beer and chill out with the tunes of Josh & Newt at Green Bus.
Shows, Festivals, Markets
We published a guide earlier this week about Easter events happening in and around town, so be sure to check those out in addition to these fun events to check out in Huntsville this weekend:
- Space City Tattoo Expo: April 7-9, Von Braun Center East Hall, 12PM. This event features premiere artists from the world over, professional seminars, networking, live music, food and more!
- Godfrey: April 7-9, Stand Up Live, 6:30PM. Godfrey is one of the hottest comedians on the stand-up circuit right now. Don’t miss his hilarious show at Stand Up Live.
- Rustic Willow Market Day: April 8, Rustic Willow (Ardmore), 10AM. More than 100 vendors will be on hand selling unique goods and crafts!
- Spring Plein Air Art Event: April 8, Huntsville Botanical Garden, 9AM. Let the Garden be your muse as the air warms and the flowers begin to bloom.
- The Market at MidCity: April 9, MidCity, 12PM. It’s back! Come check out the food trucks, vendors, live music and more at The MArket at MidCity this Sunday!
Sports + Fitness
Of all the fun events to check out in Huntsville this weekend, there are plenty of sporting events to catch, namely the opening weekend of the Rocket City Trash Pandas season! Here’s more:
- Rocket City Trash Pandas vs Chattanooga Lookouts: April 7-8, Toyota Field, 6:35PM. The Trash Pandas open their season against the Chattanooga Lookouts this weekend!
- Alabama A&M Baseball: April 7-8, Bulldog Field, 2PM. The AAMU Bulldogs baseball team hosts Bethune-Cookman this weekend at Bulldog Field!
- Wildcat 5K: April 8, West Limestone High School, 8AM. This event is hosted by the West Limestone Cross Country team and gives you the opportunity to run with members of the team!
- Masters of the Brewniverse Disc Golf Tourney: April 8, Yellowhammer Brewing, 11AM. Get out those discs and sign up for this fun and competitive disc golf tournament!
- Easter Weekend at Huntsville Speedway: April 8, Huntsville Speedway, 3PM. Catch these races at the Huntsville Speedway and enjoy family fun with Easter-themed activities.