The first weekend of spring is upon us, and there are plenty of fun events to enjoy in Huntsville and the surrounding area over the next few days.
Whether you want indoor fun or outdoor fun, we have you covered. Here’s what’s happening in and around the Rocket City this weekend:Read more: Here are 15 new + fun events to enjoy in Huntsville this weekend
Regardless of your taste in music, there are some great live shows happening in Huntsville this weekend, from classical to jazz to soul to rock and roll. Here are just a few of these awesome shows:
- Mike Starling: March 24, Stovehouse, 6PM. Mike Starling is a singer/songwriter and Nashville recording artist that has played music across the United States. Check him out Friday night!
- Jimmy Henderson: March 24, Mad Malts, 7PM. Catch local blues artist Jimmy Henderson and enhoy a tasty bverage at Mad Malts Friday night.
- Huntsville Symphony Orchestra presents “Hollywood Hits”: March 25, Mark C. Smith Concert Hall, 7:30PM. The Huntsville SYmphony orchestra plays some of the classic songs from our favorite films!
- Judah + the Lion: March 25, Mars Music Hall, 8PM. Catch a fabulous live performance from Nashville-based folk band and Grammy nominees Judah and the Lion.
- Spidersouth/Rival/Plow Mule: March 25, Shagnasty’s Grubbery & Piur House, 8PM. This trio of bands will rick your socks off, and the atmosphere at Shagnasty’s is unbeatable!
Festivals, Markets, Shows
You know spring is in the air when you see more and more outdoor festivals in the area! This weekend there are a few of these and more fun events to enjoy in Huntsville:
- Taste of Soul Family Festival: March 25, Orion Amphitheater, 12PM. This event will feature your favorite food trucks from all over Huntsville, vendors, live music, DJ entertainment and more!
- Big Spring Egg Hunt: March 25, Big Spring Park, 10AM. This event will include age-specific egg hunts, live music provided by Winslow Davis, food trucks, a petting zoo, photo opportunities with Easter characters.
- The Little Mermaid: March 25, Sparkman High School, 6PM. Don’t miss this production of the famous tale with wonderful music, presented by Sparkman Senators Theatre.
- Free Cigar Box Guitar Lessons for Kids: March 25, Cigar Box Guitar Store (Lowe Mill), 1PM. This free lesson is designed specifically for kids. They will love it!
- Fiesta at the Field: March 26, Toyota Field, 12PM to 3PM. This free celebration features live entertainment, food trucks, face painting, local vendors and more!
Sports + Fitness
You cannot list fun events to enjoy in Huntsville this weekend and not mention that the University of Alabama in Huntsville will play three home baseball games this weekend, complete with an alumni tailgate event Saturday!
- Huntsville Havoc Hockey: March 25-26, Propst Arena, Sat. 7PM, Sun, 5PM. Your Huntsville Havoc will host Birmingham Saturday night and Macon Sunday night.
- UAH Baseball vs West Georgia: March 24-25, Charger Field, Fri. 3PM, Sat. 1PM (doubleheader). Come out and tailgate while cheering on the Chargers as they play three games this weekend at home!
- Yoga at MidCity: March 25, MidCity, 9AM. Join in the free, all-ages all and all-levels yoga classes at MidCity in partnership with Light On Yoga Fitness!
- Burn Boot Camp: March 25, Bridge Street, 10AM. Burn Boot Camp Huntsville + Madison is popping up and offering a free workout in the Belk Courtyard.
- Sundown Sweat: March 26, Blevins Gap Nature Preserve, 6PM. Wrap up your weekend with a workout outdoors at this fun, effective, bodyweight only, outdoor workout taking place at Huntsville’s Blevins Gap!
Check back every week with us to find out about the fun events to enjoy in Huntsville all spring and summer! Also, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter!
You must be logged in to post a comment.