As you might have heard, Cosmo the Groundhog Day dog has predicted an early spring for Huntsville. And you know what that means—it’s time to get out and support your local farmers by buying fresh fruits, veggies, artisan goods and more. So if you’re ready to up your healthy food game, check out these top farmers markets around Huntsville.
1. Greene Street Market
Greene Street Market is downtown Huntsville’s one-stop-shop for fresh fruits, veggies, grass-fed meats and artisan goods. The market also features live music, so be on the lookout for your favorite local artists when it opens this May.
- Where: 208 Eustis Ave SE, Huntsville, AL
- When: Every Thursday from May through October from 4 PM-8 PM
2. Madison County Farmers Market
Travel back in time at the Madison County Farmers Market, one of the oldest businesses still in operation in Huntsville. The market originally began in the basement of the Madison County courthouse in 1814 and has provided fresh local produce for over 200 years.
- Where: 1022 Cook Avenue, Huntsville, AL
- When: The market runs from April to November. Hours of operation: Wednesday-Saturday, 8 AM-4 PM
- Website | Facebook
3. Market at MidCity
If you want it, the market at MidCity has it. Next month, this farmers market will open for its fifth season, showcasing nearly 50 local farmers, growers, bakers and artisan makers. It’s the perfect place to go if you want to check out Huntsville’s small business scene.
- Where: 5909 University Dr, Huntsville, AL
- When: The market opens March 12 and runs through November. Hours of operation: Sunday, 12 PM-4 PM
4. Athens Farmers Market
If you want ethically-sourced food around Huntsville, Athens Farmers Market is the place to go. The market’s mission is increase farmers’ economic opportunities and provide access to healthy local foods.
- Where: 409 W Green St Athens, AL
- When: The market season runs each Saturday from June to August. Hours of operation: 8 AM-12 PM
- Website | Facebook
5. Morgan County/Decatur Farmers Market
Baked goods, meat, candles, crafts and eggs—all of this and more at Morgan County/Decatur County Farmers Market. There’s no better place to find fresh goods and connect with your local Decatur community.
- Where: 211 1st Ave SE, Decatur, AL
- When: The market opens in April. Hours of operation: Saturdays, 7 AM-1 PM
Want more info and updates on what’s happening in and around Huntsville? Follow us on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
You must be logged in to post a comment.