May is Asian American + Pacific Islander Heritage Month, so we wanted to highlight some local AAPI-owned businesses you should check out. Here are five to choose from:
1. Kamado Ramen
Kamado Ramen was one of the first tenants at Stovehouse, and now they’ve got a location at MidCity as well. There, you’ll find deliciously fresh ramen + apps that will keep you coming back for more.
- Address: 1022 Mid City Dr, Huntsville, AL 35806
- Hours: Sunday 12-9PM; Monday-Thursday 11AM-3PM, 4-9PM; Friday 11AM-3PM, 4-10PM; Saturday 11AM-10PM
- Address: 3414 Governors Dr SW #515, Huntsville, AL 35805
- Hours: Sunday 11:30AM-8PM; Monday-Thursday 11AM-3PM, 4-9PM; Friday 11AM-3PM, 4-10PM; Saturday 11AM-10PM
2. I Love Sushi
Do you ❤️ sushi? This local favorite now has three locations around town, including the brand new I Love Sushi Express that just opened in Town Madison. I’m (selfishly!) glad to have one so close to me now.
- Address: 2000 Cecil Ashburn Dr SE, Huntsville, AL 35802
- Hours: Sunday 11:30AM-2:30PM, 5-9PM; Monday-Thursday 11AM-2PM, 5-9PM; Friday 11AM-2PM, 5-9:30PM; Saturday 11:30AM-2:30PM, 5-9:30PM
- Address: 8429 US-72, Madison, AL 35758
- Hours: Sunday 11:30AM-2:30PM, 5-9PM; Monday-Thursday 11AM-2PM, 5-9:30PM; Friday 11AM-2PM, 5-10:30PM; Saturday 11:30AM-2:30PM, 5-10:30PM
Town Madison (Express)
- Address: 100 Outfield Dr Suite A, Madison, AL 35758
- Hours: Sunday 12-8PM; Monday-Thursday 11AM-2PM, 4:30-8:30PM; Friday 11AM-2PM, 4:30-9:30PM; Saturday 11:30AM-9:30PM
3. Big Oh’s
If downtown patio dining sounds like your kind of thing, you should try Big Oh’s. The Korean fusion restaurant promises great ambiance and even better eats. If I was ordering off the menu, I’d definitely go for the summer rolls.
- Address: 121 North Side Square, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: Tuesday-Wednesday, Friday 11AM-2PM, 5-9PM; Thursday 11AM-2PM, 5-8:30PM; Saturday 12-9PM
4. Viet Cuisine
Head to Viet Cuisine for Vietnamese food that hits the spot. Their menu includes everything from Vietnamese sandwiches and clay pot dishes to vegetarian options and, of course, fried rice.
- Address: 210 Jordan Ln NW, Huntsville, AL 35805
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 11AM-8:30PM
5. Thai Garden
If you’re looking for great Thai food in Five Points, look no further than Thai Garden. There, you’ll find delicious curry dishes, soups, wok-fried dishes and charbroiled Thai-style meats.
- Address: 800 Wellman Ave NE, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: Monday-Friday 11AM-2PM, 4:30-9PM; Saturday 4:30-9PM
What’s your favorite AAPI-owned spot in town? Let us know on Facebook + Instagram, and don’t forget to subscribe to the newsletter so you don’t miss a thing!
You must be logged in to post a comment.